Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Pre booked seat refund ?

Hi guys
So I'm starting to think we may not be travelling end Auguest (fingers crossed but just in case)
Does anyone know what would happen to our fees for rebooking seats with Virgin if we moved our VH booking date to next year ?
There's 9 of us in th bubble both ways so it's a canny wee bit

Also I wonder what will happen with APs if international guests are not allowed for a longer period ... we only renewed in feb

Lisa x
Old 29 Apr 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Well when I moved my flight with virgin holidays in march for this year august holiday, to an earlier flight of 10am instead of 1310, I had to contact virgin atlantic as I chose my seats through the flight reference number on their site. I had to fill out a form and then was told 4 weeks later, I would have to wait another 90 days for refund of bubble seats. I then paid for premium outbound through virgin holidays and virgin atlantic for inbound bubble economy seats.

Now I have moved holiday all together to next year, virgin hoidays told me I won't get refund on the seat upgrade to premium economy. Nor will I get a refund on the seat in the bubble for the return journey for this years flights.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif

Edited at 07:18 PM.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks Hun .. I sort of thought this might happen ... we would need to change to end aug next year so that would be over the 11 months away so not sure if we could transfere.
Old 29 Apr 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
Well when I moved my flight with virgin holidays in march for this year august holiday, to an earlier flight of 10am instead of 1310, I had to contact virgin atlantic as I chose my seats through the flight reference number on their site. I had to fill out a form and then was told 4 weeks later, I would have to wait another 90 days for refund of bubble seats. I then paid for premium outbound through virgin holidays and virgin atlantic for inbound bubble economy seats.

Now I have moved holiday all together to next year, virgin hoidays told me I won't get refund on the seat upgrade to premium economy. Nor will I get a refund on the seat in the bubble for the return journey for this years flights.
Can I ask, did VH let you move the holiday free of charge (apart from any change in price for the holiday) or was there an amendment fee? Our balance is due in few weeks for August and we’re thinking of asking to move the deposit to another booking next year but wasn’t sure how VH are handling it. We already had a booking with VH for August 2021 for Orlando so wondered if they would add this years deposit to that booking.
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just wondering as payment for bubble seats is direct with VA rather than VH. We have booked seats too but thought you would have to approach VA for the refund. I’m waiting for the flight refund and bubble seat price from our cancelled NY trip at Easter so they’re refunding that (hopefully!) Otherwise can you claim on your credit card?
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh, I just assumed that VA would refund the cost of the seats if you had to change or cancel flights. I've booked my flights through Netflights but then went straight onto the VA site and booked seats in the bubble.
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I had to pay £50pp amendment fee upfront and £200 got added on to the remaining balance which is payable next may.
you would think they would refund the seats automatically especially if others are now booking our vacant seats which was front row of the bubble.
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Oh, I just assumed that VA would refund the cost of the seats if you had to change or cancel flights. I've booked my flights through Netflights but then went straight onto the VA site and booked seats in the bubble.
I’m the same but flights booked through KLM
Old 30 Apr 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

We had to reschedule our flights from March and told there was no refund on the seat booking, the guy on the phone did book us into exit row seats though with no charge so although no refund there is ‘something’ they can do as an alternative.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List