Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Help with sewing machine needed

We bought DD a sewing machine for Christmas, shes very arts and crafty.

Worked fine at 1st but now the bottom bobbin thread keeps clogging up below the cloth and jamming. I've re threaded it several times but still the same issues. I'm sure there must be a simple fix , can anyone suggest?
Thanks in advance.
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Unscrew the plate that the bobbin sits in and give it a dust out, that tends to be an area that gets clogged
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Unscrew the plate that the bobbin sits in and give it a dust out, that tends to be an area that gets clogged
Thanks I'll try that out.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
figment05
Very Serious Dibber

It could be the thread, some threads are not smooth and can cause clogging. I assume it was a new machine and so new needles as that can also be a problem.
Also have you double checked that you have wound the bobbin the correct way and dropped it in the correct way.
figment05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Is the tension correct? When my machine has problems with the thread it is usually because the tension is wrong or the timing/alignment of the shuttle holder has gotten out of sync. There is a video on youtube showing how to sort it. My husband is a dab hand now.
Old 29 Dec 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Look up on you tube for the brand and/model for tension settings. Make sure its threaded correctly too. Try on different scraps of fabric to get the tension right.
Old 29 Dec 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

If my machine does this it can be down to the needle - either blunt or slightly bent (so slightly the eye cant even see it)
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi all
Thanks for the tips. I stripped it back and started again, it worked for about 10 mins and snagged up again. It's a Crafty from Aldi with very mixed reviews so think it may be going back and alternative purchased.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

As others have said it will be the tension that needs adjusting. Sometimes it can be the cotton you are using that can cause it too. I only use Guttermann. It’s a bit more expensive but I’ve never had it cause a problem with my machine.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
spitspot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Are you using the same thread top and bottom? Some machines aren’t keen on mixed threads!
As others have said, if you’ve checked the tension , needle and that the machine is threaded correctly there’s not much euro check on a new machine.
spitspot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List