Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Neighbour issue

Bear with me please it’s a long one. We have a garden
My neighbours next door live in a upstairs apartment with no garden.
There are four of us share the car park out the back , one space for each of us.
He’s been acting bizarre , he’s not the nicest of men but we get on , his wife is lovely I’ve known her for years before him as she worked in local shop. We all have lived here 15 years.

Behind our car park spaces we have a tiny strip of soil, weed, whatever .it’s the length of the space ie just over a cars width and about 6 inches deep.

Local Cats sometimes do the odd bit of business there , also in our garden , but that’s just life , we have a dog who occasionally while I’m putting stuff in our bin (all four neighbours keep bins at side of their fences in car park)

He has no garden I get that but that little six inch strip he’s became obsessed with even putting a little plant there .
He started putting orange peel down a year or so to prevent cats I presume, in the tiny area behind his space
In the summer he put broken glass there

Today I was taking the dog out and at my bin beside my space and noticed something in the white stones behind our space , I kicked at it, it was a rat trap as far as I could see it wasn’t set , I was mad at the time so I put it next to his dustbin.

Later I heard them go to their car and heard him say who put that there, his wife’ replied not me, def not me. Referring to the trap I had put near his bin. They never queried it like it was a a surprise to what it was. They - he knew what it was.

It wasn’t set , it was behind our space, why was it there.

Last week there was a single grape in out car park space,.
Why would someone try to harm any animal welcome or unwelcome .

I remember when we got our dog almost 9 years ago, he went to pet him, put his hand behind my dogs ear and my puppy squealed. Every time the dog sees him he barks or runs in the house.
Anyway I feel now I should have approached him or his wife.
Any ideas, why would someone put a huge rat trap out but not set it, which would be worse , evil in my opinion.

Photo shows the area x

Edited at 01:58 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

His is the black car, the no 57 space is ours and the white gravel behind is where he placed the trap hidden under the white gravel!

Edited at 01:56 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Where is this photo taken from?-your house?

If so, can you have a camera set so it just monitors your garden and your parking space? then any ‘unwelcome visitors’ placing traps or glass! will be picked up?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Where is this photo taken from?-your house?

If so, can you have a camera set so it just monitors your garden and your parking space? then any ‘unwelcome visitors’ placing traps or glass! will be picked up?
Yes photo is from my bedroom window.
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I'd have put the rat trap in the bin.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I just feel , the broken glass, the grape, (I know how the grape sounds ). I’m not being paranoid,

Now this hidden...
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by CAD View Post
We've had "issues" with our neighbor in that we have a path the side of our garage that is ours and only ours. However, as it's not fenced, next door use it as a short cut from their front door to the pavement (squeezing past our car), as it's right next to their window (we're not allowed to fence it off just to the stupid leasehold rules but that's another issue).

They would also come onto our path to move our bins from our path as I assume it was in the way of their short cut.

It got me really upset and I don't know why because it's so trivial in the grand scheme of things. I was getting more and more angry. Anyway, long story short my daughter was born and things happened that made me realise there are more important things that petty little arguments over the way people act. As a result I feel generally happier (lockdown aside) and generally more content with life not worrying about the small stuff.

I suppose what I am saying is that, is it that much of an issue to you to cause a problem or can you ignore it for your own peace of mind?

If not, perhaps a quick chat is in order to see if it can be resolved?
I get totally what you are saying , I suppose I’m a bit wary that would he actually wish harm on a poor innocent animal,
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post

His is the black car, the no 57 space is ours and the white gravel behind is where he placed the trap hidden under the white gravel!
While I understand your feelings towards harming animals it’s not illegal to place a rat trap. The grape in the car park space seems a bit odd. I’d just still well clear.

But then neighbours are weird. The woman behind us used to weed the six inch strip of land that runs alongside our fence, which belongs to us. Seems harmless but she’d also scrape the earth away leaving a gap under the fence and our rabbits would escape.
Last week I was trimming our outside hedge and she came along to inform me she’d reported me to the council as I’d allowed a few leaves to blow into the road

Edited at 02:11 PM.
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Yes photo is from my bedroom window.
I would confront them (both)( and ask if they know who is doing this (anti-social ) behaviour and explain why it is not acceptable to you. Quite frankly he sounds like he is not the full shilling but I have no qualms about speaking to people whose behaviour is having a negative impact on the quiet enjoyment of my property or life. If it doesn’t improve after doing that I would be instructing my lawyer to write to him spelling out that what’s and whys etc
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
While I understand your feelings towards harming animals it’s not illegal to place a rat trap. The grape in the car park space seems a bit odd. I’d just still well clear.

But then neighbours are weird. The woman beaus used to weed the six inch strip of land that runs alongside our fence, which belongs to us. Seems harmless but she’d also scrape the earth away leaving a gap under the fence and our rabbits would escape.
Last week I was trimming our outside hedge and she came along to inform me she’d reported me to the council as I’d allowed a few leaves to blow into the road
Wow , seriously 😒 must say we have been lucky till now...
In the summer we were getting a new fence, he said to me “you spending money again “. His wife replied “ hey you what else do folk have to spend money on right now”.