Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 Feb 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayQueen76
Earning More Ears

First week booked, now onto the second week - Gulf Coast - where do I start?!

Hi everyone, my first week is now booked at a Dibbers villa in Orlando - breath a sigh of relief! But for our second week we would like to stay on the Gulf Coast to enjoy the beaches, fishing, eating out, and relaxing in a lovely villa, if we could walk to the beach or restaurants that would be a bonus, but where do I start there are so many places to look at Naples, Rotonda West, Anna Maria Island, Marco Island, Sarasota, Siesta Key - somebody please help me I feel like I am going round in circles!
Old 9 Feb 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Naples would get my vote - anything around 5th Avenue would be in walking distance of lovely restaurants, shops and a beautiful beach!
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayQueen76
Earning More Ears

Hi Laura
Naples sounds ideal but I just had a look at the villas near to 5th avenue and woah they are expensive! Do you have any other suggestions please?
Thank you!
Old 10 Feb 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Have you taken a look at the villas on the Dibb, they might just fit the bill.
You would need to drive to the beaches etc.

Rotonda Girl
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

There are a couple of lovely dibb villas near the coast.

Maybe also try looking at the villas on Marco Island (we always go for one with a canal at the back so DS and DH can fish and south facing pool - stayed in some lovely homes and we can cycle around the island to get to the beaches, restaurants etc - its also a short drive to Naples and the Everglades for a couple of days out. There are also some reasonably prcied fishing trips on the island.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayQueen76
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by SunbreezeFL View Post
There are a couple of lovely dibb villas near the coast.

Maybe also try looking at the villas on Marco Island (we always go for one with a canal at the back so DS and DH can fish and south facing pool - stayed in some lovely homes and we can cycle around the island to get to the beaches, restaurants etc - its also a short drive to Naples and the Everglades for a couple of days out. There are also some reasonably prcied fishing trips on the island.
Hi Julie
That sounds just what I am looking for, have you got any recommendations for villas on Marco island please?
Thank you.
Old 11 Feb 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have stayed at some lovely villas in New Port Richey,Spring Hill,Hudson but you had to drive to the beach . Stayed at AMI a block away from the beach but for that privilege we had to pay the price but it was worth every penny.

We have been looking at Cape Coral some lovely villas there $125-$150 a night just looked at Marco Island as had'nt considered there but they seem a lot more expensive.

Think properties on the coast are generally abit more expensive than the Orlando area.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List