Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 19 Jul 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

November Xmas Fun at DLP - Day 3 Disneyland Paris

After very little sleep in the Premier Inn no-one was in any rush to get out of bed (especially the grumpy teenager! ) so we had a later start than I had intended. After breakfast in our cabin we drove to the car park and due to the additional security it was 9.45 when we got to the entrance of the Disneyland Park. There were queues at all the gates but as I had my Shareholder card we made our way to Salon Mickey instead There were croissants, cakes & cookies on offer as well as drinks so we had a quick snack before heading into the park through the shareholders entrance.

There were various character meets in town square and when we spotted Pluto and Goofy together in their xmas outfits we decided to join the queue. We waited around 20 mins but the character interaction was definitely worth it & we got photos on our photopass too.

Space Mountain was our first priority as none of the kids had rode it before, so we headed there next. Hubby didn’t want to ride but there was zero wait time so I walked in with the kids. DD10 was a bit anxious about riding when she didn’t know what would happen so the cast member said we could utilise parent swap & wait by the exit. When they came back having loved it and told her it was similar to Rock n Roller Coaster she said she’d try it out while they added their photo to the photopass. Unfortunately the ride broke down and there were more than a few tears! We were stuck tilted upwards at the point the ride normally shoots you off into space for 15 minutes! (Typically we were on the only part of the slope without a roof & it was raining!) Hubby had wandered off, 2 kids waiting by the exit and anxious daughter & myself strapped in wondering if we were about to shoot off into space at any moment! Luckily the kids worked out what was going on and stood waving to us from the ground! Eventually DLP staff came to evacuate the ride (starting at the front & we were 1 row from the back!) When they finally got to our row the restraints were released & we were attached to harnesses before climbing out of the vehicle on to the steps. Once everyone was out the harnesses were checked again and we all walked down the steps and out the emergency exit! The ride was closed for maintenance but we were given 4 fast passes (as we were using parent swap) to come back any time that day.

After all the drama we were ready for a nice gentle ride so we found hubby and joined the 10 min queue for Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. Our bad luck struck again & this broke down too but luckily only for a couple of minutes this time! Everyone else wanted to ride again so I waited for them by the exit and got their photos added to the photopass.

One thing I do prefer at DLP is the fact you can walk around the castle and not just through it like in Florida. We headed there next to check out the stained glass windows.

Another favourite of ours is Pirates of the Caribbean so that was our next stop and as it was practically a walk on we rode twice. This ride also takes photos so we added those to the photopass too.

Next up was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril which caused no end of arguments as DD10 was too small to ride! Hubby waited with her and tried to decide where to have lunch while the rest of us rode. We rode twice as it was a walk on but by the time we got off the 2nd time we were all complaining of sore necks! It’s quite a whippy ride and although we enjoyed it we didn’t go back!

As we were passing the Pizza outpost we thought we’d try our luck there for lunch – risky as I don’t eat pasta and DD10 is allergic to tomatoes! As it turned out our luck was in and there was an option for plain pasta as part of the kids meal DS had a mickey shaped pizza kids meal, hubby & DD both had lasagne and I had a salad. The food, atmosphere and music were all really good and the prices were reasonable too.
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Now we were refuelled it was time for more xmas fun so we queued up to meet Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas Again the character interaction was really good & we got lots of photos for our photopass.

Jacks meet and greet was in front of the Haunted Mansion so that was our next stop. From the outside part of the queue we could see the Big Thunder Mountain track but unfortunately this was closed for maintenance so we didn’t get chance to ride it. The water was all drained out of the river for maintenance too and it was strange to see the track for the river boat exposed.

After the haunted mansion we decided to utilise our Space Mountain fast passes if it was back up & running. Thankfully it was so the four of us rode with the fast passes & DD10 loved it We got more fast passes with a 1 hour return time then rode Autopia and Star Tours while we waited. On the way back we bumped into stitch and got some photos on our own camera then munched on some popcorn before having one last go on Buzz!

We were all cold and wet and there was so much ground water that DD10s shoes had started to fall apart! Obviously we needed to get her some new shoes which meant a trip to the Val de Europe shopping centre. We decided to watch the tree lighting ceremony, grab some dry clothes from the cabin then head to the shops!

The grumpy teenager had been moaning all day she wanted to ride Peter Pan (!) but it kept breaking down so DD10 was put on daddy’s shoulders so we could have one last attempt to ride. Unfortunately the queue was an hour so it was a no go but we did ride the teacups instead.

The tree lighting ceremony was lovely to watch and Mickey & Minnie looked very magical in their white xmas outfits. We weren’t in the best position for the ‘snow’ but some did drift our way lol

We headed out of the park and as we were passing the DLP Hotel we stopped for a quick peak at the Gingerbread House – wow!

The hunger was creeping in again so pretzels, churros & donuts were purchased on the way to the car park!

Thankfully we managed to get DD10 some new trainers in Val De Europe as well as all munching on a McDonalds
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah I love it such a good read thank you for sharing with us... I would so 💩 Myself having to climb out of a ride lol xx
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List