Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Oct 16, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

DLP Half Marathon Weekend - Day 3

Saturday 24th September 2016

After a much needed long sleep we were both wide awake by 5am We had planned to leave the hotel by 5.30 but were in no rush and ended up leaving around 5.45. We met our friends by the lake and after taking a couple of photos made our way round to the start area.

My sister was in coral C but the rest of us were in B, so after a quick loo stop I arranged to meet her back at the hotel. The corals were led slowly towards the start line and set off in mini waves to ease congestion.

We set off towards the Disneyland Hotel just after 7 and I absolutely loved it! The course was fab, taking in both parks, there were plenty of characters and at no point did it feel congested. I skipped the first few characters as the queues were already quite long and I was pretty sure that in doing so I would find shorter lines further along the course (& I did!)

I was surprised to finish in under 35 mins as I had managed to get 7 character photos and a photo in front of the castle

After I crossed the line I collected my medal, water and chocolate milk before getting a finishers photo taken. As I collected my bag of snacks I spotted our friends getting their finish photo taken so we had an extra photo together. We walked back around the lake together then went our separate ways at their hotel. Hotel Santa Fe is only a few mins walk along the river from Sequoia Lodge so I was soon back at the hotel for a lovely hot shower! My sister wasn’t far behind me and after she’d showered too we headed over for breakfast (wearing our medals & t'shirts of course )

We’d decided to hit the Studios park today as it was due to open at 10am, so after breakfast we walked round. The gates opened at 9.30 and we headed straight for Crush. The ride queue wasn’t open yet but we joined the line of people stretching back towards the entrance. The ride opened around 9.50 and after snaking our way through the queue area we were on the ride just after 10! This was definitely a good decision as when we exited the display was showing a 75 minute wait!

We noticed the cars ride (which was shut the previous day) was open so that was our next stop, and we waited less than 5 mins to ride.

Next up was Ratatouille and again we walked straight on via the single rider line.

The Toy Story area was already getting busy and having rode those the previous night we headed to Tower of Terror instead. The queue was pretty long so we grabbed a fast pass with a return time of 13.20 and made our way to Rock n Roller Coaster. The queue was only 10 mins and while we were waiting we used the map to decide where to eat as we were both ready for a decent meal! The food choices in the Studios are quite limited so we decided our best option would be the buffet at Restaurant des Stars. The buffet didn’t open til 11.30 so we rode Rock n Roller Coaster again to pass the time and by luck ended up on the back row!

After a day of salads I was so happy to finally have some real food in Restaurant des Stars and we both ate rather more than was necessary!

We were in the restaurant from 11.35 to 12.20 and after eating so much food we really didn’t feel up to any more rides. As luck would have it the new show Mickey & The Magician was due to start at 12.50 so we headed over to join the queue. I really enjoyed this show but I have to admit to being so tired I nearly nodded off a couple of times!

After the show we made our way back to Tower of Terror to use our fast pass then left the park at 2pm.

What we really should have done at this point was walk back to the hotel for a nap but we decided to try and power on and headed into the main park! Space Mountain was having technical difficulties so we got a fast pass for later then wandered about aimlessly trying to decide what to do It was so hot and busy and most of the queues were over 60 mins so in the end we just sat down & people watched!

At this point my sister decided she fancied a cocktail so we tried to find the nearest place on the map. We decided to head to the Disneyland Hotel as cocktails in the bar there was on our list of things to do anyway

The cocktails here were amazing! I stayed away from the alcohol but we both really enjoyed chilling out and having a refreshing drink

We still had our fast pass to use and had reservations for Blue Lagoon at 6pm so after a lovely rest we headed back into the main park. We rode Space Mountain then I picked up some souvenirs for my kids – pins for DS, Tsum Tsums for DD10 and birthday gemstone Mickey head earrings for DD15.

It was getting close to our evening reservation but we were still so full from lunch (& cocktails!) we really couldn’t face any more food. Luckily Blue Lagoon let us change our reservation for Monday at 12 as we really didn’t want to miss this restaurant.

We made our way slowly back through the Village to our hotel, with a quick stop to trade the final Vinylmation. I only found out a few weeks prior to this trip that trading was possible & I'm so glad I did! (My son loves these guys )

We bought a few snacks from the garage outside Hotel Santa Fe and were flat out asleep by 9pm!
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The food looks amazing! Well done on the race and the little vinylmation are so cute 😍 Love them!
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List