Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 24 May 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss Disney
VIP Dibber

Disney Disability Access

Hi everyone

Was wondering if someone might be able to answer a rather random question for me.

There are ten of us going this time (nine adults and one child at three) and two of the adults in our party would have the disability access, as they have on previous trips, but someone pointed out the possibility that one of them might ride somethings and not others while the other with the DAS might do the opposite. What they were wondering is... is it possible to have the child on both passes or is a guest only allowed to be on one person's? Does this make any sense?
Old 28 May 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think you an only be on one, but it's worth asking when you get the DAS as they do have flexibility to accommodate different needs.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I thought you could only use a DAS with a party of 6 so not sure how it would really work with the child on both DAS, all you can do is ask at the guest services when you get them the DAS.
Old 30 May 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

As it stands you would need to have 2 DAS and split the party between the two as you can only have the person with the DAS and up to 5 other people attached to it. That said there would still be room numbers wise to have the child on both passes in theory but I am not sure this is possible. When we've asked previously about having 2 DAS (I'm visually impaired but my sister who I often travel with is physically impaired) we were told that you couldn't have the same people (the non-impaired) on more than one card so we have always done it that I had the DAS and then because hers is more obvious she just went to the desk and asked each time we were doing things seperately. It worked fine as people in wheelchairs don't need DAS but this may not be helpful. Also if you have access to normal Fastpass then this would alleviate some of the issues as you just make sure you use the fastpasses for things that you know one or both of the DAS people wont ride (this is how we have done it for the other three in our party)
Old 30 May 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss Disney
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much everyone for the replies.

As it stands, there are two people in our party who would actually have the DAS, so it would be on each of their cards. The two of them would be extreme opposites in what they might ride though, so I just couldn't figure out what would happen if most people wanted to ride, but say one of them didn't? If that makes any sense?

We will make sure to have both people go together when they get it added and then as suggested, discuss it with the CM. Hopefully fastpasses will be enough to cover the ones that one of them don't want to ride... but it's just in case!