Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Jun 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

I've contacted DVC to ask them when they'll be confirming 2018 prices and had another dig about us not being able to pay the sterling price. I'm moving towards DDP though probably due to the kids and the fact we won't have a car. We'll be doing at least 3 character meals and as Mr Morrow says about the snacks we'd be the other way, the kids ask for ice creams and drinks so I think we'd use ours (well I know I'd use all mine in Starbucks! ).
Old 11 Jun 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Dendy with the alcoholic drink then probably but on "normal" dining, not buffet, then it isn't a massive difference & somewhere in the region of $2-$3 depending on the drink. I think the big sticking point for me is that as a DVC owner you are paying more for the privilege than a "normal punter" due to the poor FX rate - now if we could buy at the £ rate ...
SD
With the exchange rate thing, my understanding is Disney fix the price in Sterling for the Year on a certain date, at the moment it has worked against us but am sure at some stage the reverse will happen and the $ will rise after its fixed and then I am sure everyone will be rather silent...

I still don't understand how someone can eat a counter service and a table service in the same day- especially when it's hot. If I eat one I really couldn't eat the other! Then a snack on top! - some of those snacks are half a meal on their own!
Old 11 Jun 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
With the exchange rate thing, my understanding is Disney fix the price in Sterling for the Year on a certain date, at the moment it has worked against us but am sure at some stage the reverse will happen and the $ will rise after its fixed and then I am sure everyone will be rather silent...

I still don't understand how someone can eat a counter service and a table service in the same day- especially when it's hot. If I eat one I really couldn't eat the other! Then a snack on top! - some of those snacks are half a meal on their own!
Fair point, I've only owned at DVC when we've been at a disadvantage and the currency has continued dropping.

We've never done DDP with two snacks but when we've done DDP in the past, we usually have a counter service very early for breakfast and then our evening meal at about 6.30 spacing it out. With the heat, we go through the snacking credits quite easily for drinks or ice creams plus we have a few signature restaurants in the mix, which means you don't necessarily have a sit down meal everyday.
Old 12 Jun 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Gavvy I will be more than happy when the £ get's back to $1.50 but I'm not going to hold my breath!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Gavvy I will be more than happy when the £ get's back to $1.50 but I'm not going to hold my breath!
SD
Ahh it will

once we have another election and then another one then we decide to stay in Europe- then come out again

Give it 5 years :-)

I remember moaning when it fell to 1.55 ...