Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Reddevil99
Excited about Disney

First Timer help needed

We are booked to go to DLP in February 2018 for the first time to get our Disney fix having previously been to WDW 4 times so we have a few questions.
. Are the Character meals as good as in Florida if so which ones are recommended for dd4.
.Any must do rides/shows
.I suppose the big question is will DLP seem a bit disappointing compared to WDW?
Reddevil99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reddevil99 View Post
We are booked to go to DLP in February 2018 for the first time to get our Disney fix having previously been to WDW 4 times so we have a few questions.
. Are the Character meals as good as in Florida if so which ones are recommended for dd4.
.Any must do rides/shows
.I suppose the big question is will DLP seem a bit disappointing compared to WDW?
I can't help with the character meal question I am afraid but just wanted to reply as we visited DLP in January for the first time after 3 WDW trips and I was too very worried about it would compare and I have to say I absolutely loved it! It's a very different experience to WDW (especially going in winter as we are used to Disney in the sunshine!) but we absolutely loved it! (And are already planning for a return visit next year!)

I did a trip report which gives lots of detail if you fancy a read (link in signature)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

If your Dd likes princesses you might want to consider Auberge de Cendrillon meal as it's in a Cinderella themed resto and has Princesses. We've been a few times and always enjoyed it, but for the first time last visit it wasn't so good sadly! Hopefully it was just an off day.

I'd also do Inventions in the Disneyland Hotel for character lunch or dinner - superb and our favourite!

Don't take this the wrong way but if you go comparing to WDW before you even get there you may not enjoy it - it has it's own benefits and things that are unique - keep an open mind. It's a beautiful park!

ETA - not character meal but Bistro Chez Remy is fantastic and worth it - your DD would love the theming!

Edited at 03:31 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would agree - go with an open mind, try not to compare things - it has lots of different bits to offer that's aren't at WDW. Whilst I do prefer WDW, I still have lots of fun at DLP especially at Christmas time - it is very magical.

I can't really comment on Character dining as we did Café Mickey last year but the characters have moved from there now I believe. We have booked Buffalo Bills wild west show this year which has been recommend to be by people on the Dibb that have enjoyed it.

You will have a fabulous time, enjoy!
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

As said already try not to compare to WDW. It's very different and the planning isnt as in depth as WDW can be.

Characters meals:
Auberge for princesses is a great meal and you will meet 3 princesses and a prince and also susie & Perla from Cinderella. The food may look really fancy but you can get a pasta & sauce for the kids. I'm a fussy eater and enjoyed the food there.
Inventions - buffet character meal. Great interaction and there were loads of character when we went. We had mickey Pluto goofy smee capt hook geppetto and maybe one or two others. The food is good and plenty to choose from.
Plaza gardens - breakfast character, I haven't done this but assume it's similar to the cafe mickey one which was good, plenty to choose from and great interactions.
Mickey & the magician is a great show and I loved the new parade. Illuminations is good as well.
Another possible must do is buffalo bills, it's a dinner show and is really entertaining.

Most of all go with an open mind. Europe have a different culture to America so you won't get the same experience. I try to speak French when I go it normally starts with me saying bonjour then asking if they speak English almost straight after. It I think at least I tried 😊

Lastly enjoy yourselves it's Disney after all.

DLP: Aug 92, Aug 97, Jun 02, Nov 07, Apr 11, Feb 15, May 16, Oct 16, May 17
WDW: Oct 96, Feb 04, Feb 06, Feb 08, Oct 13
Disneyland: Mar 99, Sept 06
Tokyo Disney: Apr 98
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc2116
Helping Donald

Mobile

For character meals we've only done breakfast at plaza Gardens and really enjoyed it. It was characters like Mickey, daisy, trigger, piglet and eeyore. We did also do buffalo bills which isn't an interactive character meal but we had a lot of fun with our two girls who were 13 and 6. With regards to the comparison with wdw to DLP, I'm just going to reiterate what others have said. Go with an open mind. It's a different experience to wdw but still brilliant in its own right. I loved it and would definitely go back!
sarahc2116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Reddevil99
Excited about Disney

Thankyou for the advice and tips , how far in advance do you need to book the restaurants?
Reddevil99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

I've just got back from first time trip and loved it. Can't say for character meals except plaza gardens which we did for breakfast which was great. We did have to speak to someone as 2 characters completely missed our table which was upsetting but the food was lovely and the ones we saw were great (Daisy, Tiger, Eeyore and the main man Mickley!).

We only did one character meet as queues were crazy when we were there so made the breakfast more worth it in my opinion as easy way to meet them.

We loved the nighttime spectacular and the parade. The Princess waltz was sweet too and Mickley and the magician was also good. Nothing we didn't enjoy really tbh!x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List