Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Feb 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Day 2: The drive from Paris to Kent

Our second and final day dawned bright and early at around 6am so we thought we may as well get up and get on with the day. By 7am we were all dressed, packed and sorted and on our way to breakfast. What can I say about the Santa Fe breakfast? It was included in the price and the coffee was hot and plentiful!

On the way out we took a few photos of our block and reception. Mater is right behind the reception and so close to everything. Very good for us.

We were all checked out and the car was packed by 8am and we were entering DLP by 8:20am. I thought that was pretty good going!

Then we joined the queue to meet Chip and Dale (or Tic and Toc). There were 10 families in front of us so I thought we'd be in and out and have time for Goofy and Pluto. 45 minutes later and we finally get to the front! Luckily they were very worth the wait and made for a very entertaining meet for the boys.

We'd made a list of all the rides we really wanted to do as we walked round this morning. First up was Peter Pan as we hadn't been able to get on in October. It's a really lovely ride and we thought about going again but decided to skip onto the rest of the park. This meant Doug's choice of favourite – Buzz Lightyear! I don't even get a look in on this. It's Pete v's Doug and I'm just there to point and spin. Doug won this by a very narrow margin but competition was intense. Then I got duped into a 30 minute queue for Orbitron. It said 15 at the front but looked huge and I stupidly agreed to get in the queue thinking it might be faster than it looked. Nope! But the boys love this so I made happy faces and queued. And then finally FINALLY Spooky House! Or Phantom Manor as most people not in my family know it as. My favourite ride. And it was as awesome as always. Ghosts and ghouls were playing up something rotten but we made it out alive.

And all of a sudden it was lunchtime. The day was flying by and it felt like we'd barely managed to do anything. Cowboy Cookout was agreed on and we got in and sorted pretty quickly. We shared a BBQ chicken meal with wedges and a children's sausage meal with wedges which amazingly filled us all up. The band was playing as we sat down to eat and kept us all entertained. As we left the queues were huge so we're glad we got in early.

Feeling a bit perkier again after food (and coffee) we headed back into FantasyLand via the Dragon. Doug is petrified of the Dragon and Pete kept threatening that the Dragon would wake up and eat him so Doug spent most of his time attached to me!

We had a wander through FantasyLand and straight to the back for Small World. We love this ride and like spotting the missing quacking ducks. And singing along obviously!

Onto the Teacups and much spinning.

And then into Alice's Maze which was closed for a refurb last time. It's looking so much brighter in there now. Pete and Doug had a crazy moment when they went completely opposite directions and I was left looking left and right and not sure which way to go! Luckily Doug got spooked and ran back so we headed off after Pete.

Here's the view from the top of the castle

The boys wanted a run around so it was into AdventureLand and to the Treehouse and Adventure Isle. We had a great explore of the caves, still couldn't find the rope bridge and finished up on Pirate Beach for a play while I sat down for a bit. At this point Doug asked to ride Pirate Cave (Pirates of the Caribbean. We seem to have renamed most of the rides) which is a family favourite.It was really odd not having it there this time and it'll still be closed when we go in May. It's much missed.

And then it was time to choose the last ride. I was convinced it would Phantom Manor because it's always Phantom Manor. And the boys chose... Pinocchio. Really? But it’s a 30 minute wait same as Phantom Manor. After making sure they really understood this was the very last ride I capitulated. And into the queue we went. Luckily it was closer to 20 minutes and we were on. I do like this ride and enjoy how dark it is but it was the last ride

Time to do the little bit of shopping we'd agreed on. Except it was 5:00pm and Main Street was packed with people waiting for the parade. We struggled on, bought the popcorn I'd promised for the boys and then into Harringtons for pins (Santa fe Hotel, Star Wars and Stitch) and a Phantom Manor lanyard for my new job ID badge.

We got to the bottom of Main Street and said farewell to the Castle until May.

Onto Earl of Sandwich for food for the trip home. I had a Philly Cheese Steak and Pete and Doug had a ham and cheese with crisps and fruit. I ordered a coffee too but managed to forget to pick it up! Nooooo!

At this point time was getting tight so I piled both boys into the pushchair and fast walked back to the car. We made it in less than 15minutes! We set off for the drive back up France at 6:00pm and arrived in time for the earlier crossing at 9:50. This meant we were home and in bed by 10pm that night!

It was a totally packed, totally exhausting couple of days but so worth doing it! On the Tuesday I got the Disney blues quite badly and so got on and booked... Sequoia Lodge! We'll be there 29th May to 2nd June so if you're there look out for us! The plan is to take it bit more steady and have a bit more downtime but still try to pack in everything.

Edited at 12:55 PM.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Great mini trip. We too are lucky to live just an hour from the tunnel so we have have bought annual passes a few times. We've done 1 night weekend breaks at least 3 times. It's tiring but totally doable and exciting. Looks like you had a great time. My girls are much older now at 17 and 13 and still love Disney.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

Thanks for reading! It was exhausting but so much fun to do. When we next have annual passes we'll definitely do it again! After May the plan is to save hard for a long Florida holiday.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tink_83
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Sounds like you all had a great time, we are off to DLP for our first Disney adventure in the summer hols, can't wait. Wish we were as close to the crossing as you, we would definitely be making more visits x
tink_83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Great little trip 😊 how old are your boys? We're off to DLP in the May half term too so maybe we'll see you there 😊
Old 19 Feb 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

The boys are 7 and 4 but Doug is tiny so still not tall enough to ride ToT and BTM and he really wants to go on now! Only 7cms to go so maybe with a growth spurt and a forgiving cast member we might make it on in May.

We love living this close to the crossing and make the most of getting into France! We'll definitely be doing annual passes again but really need to save for Florida first.

And definitely look out for us in May! I'll be needing a grown up to talk to and always welcome a cocktail buddy!
Old 26 Feb 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Bloomin great eport. I felt like I was dashing along with you! So much packed into 2 days.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
All my favourite rides ticked off there! Sounds a great day. Well done for fitting so much in.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

The two days were exhausting but so much fun! We were hoping it was going to be quieter so we could do even more! Hopefully in May we'll get to do everything.
Old 12 Apr 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Seeing how easy it is to get across if you live near the euro tunnel is almost enough to make me want to move! We're there next half term but staying at Newport Bay.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List