Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Apr 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Aluani booking 7 months

Was hoping to do Aluani after our Alaskan cruise in Sept 2018.
Meant to look at avaialabilty at dead on seven months as a guide this year but I forgot!
Only a few weeks later there is nothing for five nights even! for similar dates.
Any one here been or tried to book at seven months? Please tell me if I got on on the 7 month day there might be something?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I booked a rental at 7 months last year. We couldn't get the exact room type required but I was able to get a different view which was slightly more points.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Same as Bev, I booked for a renter and got 3 nights out of the 4 they wanted? Booked and waitlisted the other night and it did come through before they went. The cheaper point rooms seem to go first, which I guess is usual .
Old 22 Apr 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Thank you, good to hear. It's a very expensive set of flights if we can't get the accommodation!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
annabella
Apprentice Imagineer

annabella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have been home for 2 weeks after spending 10 days in Aulani which we booked at 7 months, we were looking for an ocean view so not the cheapest room and despite it being spring break when we were there we got all our dates at 7 months
annabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by annabella View Post
We have been home for 2 weeks after spending 10 days in Aulani which we booked at 7 months, we were looking for an ocean view so not the cheapest room and despite it being spring break when we were there we got all our dates at 7 months
Wow, that is good to know. Thank you.
Did you you love it? We don't think we can stretch more that 5/6 days so we're planning on tourist trap for a couple of nights then onto "home. " for five?
Did you have a car, we felt it would be awful not to explore as well.
Old 29 Apr 17, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

In 2015 we got 8 nights at 7 months for sept booking. Couldn't get sv, had to get island view room but that was fine.

Don't do Oahu without a car. You will see the most amazing and beautiful places just by driving and exploring. You can't really get lost as the island isn't that big, just going driving and see where you end up.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
In 2015 we got 8 nights at 7 months for sept booking. Couldn't get sv, had to get island view room but that was fine.

Don't do Oahu without a car. You will see the most amazing and beautiful places just by driving and exploring. You can't really get lost as the island isn't that big, just going driving and see where you end up.
Thank you, funnily enough I was looking at the map today and knew it wasn't large but the distances look so good, we love exploring.
Any places you recommend the most? I know you need to book the time slot for the memorial at Pearl Harbour.
We think we are going to stretch to 7 nights if we can, just finding the flights will be the key.
W
Old 30 Apr 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd love to go here one day. I'll wait til I'm retired (another 10 years hopefully) and combine it with a drive across the Usa
Old 30 Apr 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Thank you, funnily enough I was looking at the map today and knew it wasn't large but the distances look so good, we love exploring.
Any places you recommend the most? I know you need to book the time slot for the memorial at Pearl Harbour.
We think we are going to stretch to 7 nights if we can, just finding the flights will be the key.
W
Get as many nights as you can. We simply LOVED the resort.

Go to the north shore and eat at Teds Bakery. Looks like a run down shack, but don't be fooled. Get the coconut pie and take it back to the resort, it's simply amazing. All the food there is.

Also, go to target as soon as you arrive and buy a cooler, umbrella and a couple of beach chairs, all cheap ones. Sling them in the boot of your car and head out for the day. All the beaches are public so you can stop at any of them and set up camp for a few
Hours. We did this and found so many quiet places and sat watching sea turtles come and go.

Kualoa ranch is defo worth a visit, they do loads of different tours. Up around that area is where a local guy has his shop where he does all his wood carvings. His work is unbelievable and although expensive, will provide you with an amazing piece of art/souvenir of the trip.

We also went on scuba scooters which was amazing. Scooting underwater with octopus, sea turtles and tropical fish.

I could go on and on... I simply adored our Hawaii trip.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List