Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 May 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

flight back on 11th July MCO from Manchester (on the AT2) with Thomas Cook is currently £149 per adult...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 08:15 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi have you looked via dublin
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

this is a verrreeee interesting thread ...

for those of you who went in early-mid July last year, how did you find it crowd-wise and weather? We have only been in late August, the crowds got lighter every day as the US schools were mostly back in school, whereas they will all be on school holidays in July.

We had very humid oppressive heat with regular afternoon thunderstorms too.
Is that what I can expect for July too?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lapixiefairy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We booked a couple of weeks ago for 27th June. With Virgin from Manchester and paid just under £1200, flights, hotel and car hire. Economy out and PE return. We had no plans on going back in the near future but I got bored one night while the husband was working and couldn't resist! 😂
lapixiefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lapixiefairy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post

for those of you who went in early-mid July last year, how did you find it crowd-wise and weather? We have only been in late August, the crowds got lighter every day as the US schools were mostly back in school, whereas they will all be on school holidays in July.

We went in July 2015 and crowds and weather ok. It was our first trip so nothing to compare it to. It was busy and lots of groups but was manageable and certainly wouldn't put us off going again. My husband has to take term time holidays so not much option for us.

Weather was hot with thunder a few days. The last couple of days before he came home were pretty rainy most of the day but nothing that stopped us getting out and about. I think our hottest day it was 106, we gave up half way round word showcase and Epcot and went back another day. But that was the only day it was too much for us, and neither of us are used to the sun so not bad going.
lapixiefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocgirl93
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post

Hi

Last year we went in July (October in 2012 and 2015). The weather is hot and humid. Amazing thunderstorms! Swimming in the pool and hubby says "I think you guys should get out now, the weather is changing"..5 minutes later and it was torrential rain with dark skies and very windy! Would it put me off going back at this time of year..No. You just need to be sensible and get out early in the morning, make the most of the day before it gets too hot.

It is a lot busier and the I4 is horrendous at times with traffic, if only hubby had listened and tried Turkey Lake road I prefer October weather which is a lot more settled. We had 15 mins of rain during the entire fortnight in 2012.

Have a wonderful time x
Chocgirl93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
clanny
Trying for More Ears

clanny's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I just booked on Friday, 5 of us from Manchester to Miami for £2100 direct. Then just grab a car (we got avis class D car for £520) and it's only 3 hrs to Orlando. Flying 2nd july.

We found a cracking 2 week deal (suite with b&b and free bar for 2 hrs 4 days a week, plus food) for £1350 and then booked the holiday inn for 7 days in the florida keys for the last week.

Last year we got flights from Edinburgh - orlando for £195/person, 2.5 weeks from departure so there's some great deals out there.
clanny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Chocgirl93
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by clanny View Post
I just booked on Friday, 5 of us from Manchester to Miami for £2100 direct. Then just grab a car (we got avis class D car for £520) and it's only 3 hrs to Orlando. Flying 2nd july.

We found a cracking 2 week deal (suite with b&b and free bar for 2 hrs 4 days a week, plus food) for £1350 and then booked the holiday inn for 7 days in the florida keys for the last week.

Last year we got flights from Edinburgh - orlando for £195/person, 2.5 weeks from departure so there's some great deals out there.
Great deal Clanny!

I would love to go to Miami and the keys. We have been to Florida 3 times now and I feel the need to step away from the Disney bubble and explore this beautiful part of the world.

Have a fantastic time x
Chocgirl93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Some of these deals sound fab. We booked yesterday and I thought we got a good deal, Manchester to Sanford, 14 nights Doubletree Hilton at Seaworld, 2 adults and 2 kids age 6 and 13, for £1550. Leave on 22nd June. We are in Scotland so are taking the kids out of school a few days early,don't normally do that but didn't want to risk not getting as good a deal after the school holidays officially start on the 27th. Wasn't planning on Orlando at all, we were looking for something in Europe but didn't see anything that appealed. I'm now in a panic trying to plan. Not planning on doing Disney as we spend 2 full weeks there last year but once we are there we might not be able to resist.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Copper
Getting Excited

Following this as we are still not booked up! We are tied to school hols due to my middle daughter leaving Primary this year and wanting to stay until the last day and not miss out on anything so we are looking from 28th June onwards.
Last year we took kids out early and flew from Manchester 2 ad and 3ch for £1600 with Thomson dreamliner staying in Ramada family suite on International drive, they also had a code this time last year for £60 pp off and this worked bringing it down to £1300.

Hoping for similar this year and happy to hang off and also be open to flying from anywhere I have alerts set up for gla/edi/new/man/bir our estas are good from last year and we paid £50 deposit on disney tickets back when the 25% was on so we just need a good deal on getting there now!
Copper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List