Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 May 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
DVC Housekeeping Again!

I stand by my posts that I have made repeatedly that Housekeeping is the Achilles Heel of Disney.

We keep the room pristine, nothing left out or on the floor apart from some flip flops.
We pile up the towels in a nice pile and leave $5 on cleaning day.

So today was a full clean. Bathroom done nicely, but.
No loo roll at all
No boxes of tissues
No T Towel
No washing up liquid
Sheets not changed that were left folded on the made up sofa bed.
Not vacuumed.

They are hopeless! One phone call and everything was delivered and we just move on and forget about it. But what are these people up to? And more importantly what are the Supervisors doing as the fault always lies with them as that's their job. To supervise and check standards!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:13 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi tom we are at okw at the moment. On Wednesday we went to hard rock hotel for the night. When we returned our book that had all our plans in had gone this never came with us and had been left in the room, also a hat I had brought on the first day had gone. We are on the ground floor and we have come back on a number of occasions to find the patio door unlocked when we had locked it on the way out. We went to reception and they gave me a voucher for the hat and promised to remind the staff to lock the patio doors.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Hi tom we are at okw at the moment. On Wednesday we went to hard rock hotel for the night. When we returned our book that had all our plans in had gone this never came with us and had been left in the room, also a hat I had brought on the first day had gone. We are on the ground floor and we have come back on a number of occasions to find the patio door unlocked when we had locked it on the way out. We went to reception and they gave me a voucher for the hat and promised to remind the staff to lock the patio doors.
Wow that makes my issues seem insignificant!

I find the staff lovely, always a smile and a hello. But like staff the World over you must supervise!
Standards are everything. Not just in Disney but everywhere. When standards slip you are on a very slippery slope.

However I don't fester or dwell on things. I've had my moan on here and now I want a shower, some wine and a wander up to the Turf Club for the new lamb dish that is awesome!

Edited at 11:27 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We had a fiasco at Grand Californian on our last stay. Day four (Towel and trash)... and... nothing. Go to front desk. It will be dealt with. Come back late evening. Nothing. Following morning back to front desk. It will be dealt with. Go out for day. Come back - nothing. So down to front desk again and go ballistic with manager. Suddenly half a dozen open ended Fastpass vouchers appear. It's not vouchers I want (but took them) - it's clean towels. On way back to room I just grabbed a load of them of a Mouse-keeping trolley. When we got back home I phoned Member Services and got a refund of 3 days points.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I did make sure I didn't accuse any one from house keeping of any wrongdoing, but leaving the doors unlocked and our patio looks onto the golf course so anyone could get in but I would expect a burglar to have taken more than a hat.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Wow that makes my issues seem insignificant!

I find the staff lovely, always a smile and a hello. But like staff the World over you must supervise!
Standards are everything. Not just in Disney but everywhere. When standards slip you are on a very slippery slope.

However I don't fester or dwell on things. I've had my moan on here and now I want a shower, some wine and a wander up to the Turf Club for the new lamb dish that is awesome!
I was feeling bad for you until I read your final sentence... Sympathy now withdrawn
Old 13 May 17, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I was feeling bad for you until I read your final sentence... Sympathy now withdrawn
Karen you know what they say about what words sympathy comes between in the dictionary.

Old 13 May 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Every year we have issues with Mousekeeping at SSR

It can become time consuming

We have 2 contracts and stay for 3 weeks , for some reason that confuses them no end

Not bothered about t and t but full housekeeping we want and never seems to go to plan

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Unacceptable, thought they were meant to be upping their game in this? Unless people are asking to see managers, complaining to member services etc, then it will never change. People need to get angry.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

The problem is they are told as soon as they finish their allocation of rooms they can go home for the day and get paid for a full day, I am sure this means they rush to get as much done as they can so they can get off on full pay, it's also why despite the 'do not disturb' on the door every check out day I get a knock on the door at 8am asking if I was checking out soon!

You are right - housekeeping does let DVC down, and it's been that way for years it seems.