Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 May 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Is housekeeping issues down to specific resorts? or do you think it's a common problem within DVC?
Old 14 May 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Is housekeeping issues down to specific resorts? or do you think it's a common problem within DVC?
I think it's symptomatic across property. We have started to do the first night in a value resort firstly to save points and also to get an early morning check in and a better room choice.
We checked into Pop Century two weeks ago. Room was nice, bins full!
Oh and a plumber was rodding the loo so we were gone in two mins flat and got a new room!

The plumber thing happens but who forgets to empty a bin!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mylander
Trying for More Ears

Totally agree that's my experience as well!
mylander is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Yes, we have a metal pice of a hoover under one of our chairs last time, Peter nearly cut his foot on it.
We got a free meal out of it
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Yes, we have a metal pice of a hoover under one of our chairs last time, Peter nearly cut his foot on it.
We got a free meal out of it
Wow. I bet that Hoover was brand new, mainly as they don't use them!
I have vacuumed our room probably 5 times. The bag was full to bursting and the cord was a mess being all tangled up.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
We had a fiasco at Grand Californian on our last stay. Day four (Towel and trash)... and... nothing. Go to front desk. It will be dealt with. Come back late evening. Nothing. Following morning back to front desk. It will be dealt with. Go out for day. Come back - nothing. So down to front desk again and go ballistic with manager. Suddenly half a dozen open ended Fastpass vouchers appear. It's not vouchers I want (but took them) - it's clean towels. On way back to room I just grabbed a load of them of a Mouse-keeping trolley. When we got back home I phoned Member Services and got a refund of 3 days points.
Only just seen this thread, Wow Geoffa lucky you, our 7 days at VGC was dire, got a free meal and 1 nights points back, but it certainly didn't live up to the standard we expect of Disney. Housekeeping was non exisitent and we had water turned off 1 night from 12am till 6am and supposed to have water delivered to room but nothing, asked at reception, nothing. not looking at returning anytime soon.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

We used out DVC for the first time last year and was disappointed to hear on Dibb before we went that you don't get the housekeeping that non DVC members get. Our DVC salesperson didn't mention it.

We stayed at two resorts for the first time last year. The first visit was for five nights, we didn't get any housekeeping at all for the whole time. We mentioned it when we returned to our room on the 4th day at about 4pm - we were told that as we were leaving at 6am on the 5th day, they probably wouldn't bother! I picked up a load of towels from a housekeeping trolley on the way back to the room. That was Kidani
We then went to Universal for a couple of days and returned to a different resort OKW. We checked in at 4pm to be told our room wasn't ready - we were given a voucher for coffee while we waited - we ordered it and waited 30 minutes. When we chased it we were told that they had lost the order and the voucher so we would have to get another voucher from reception. By then the room was ready but when we got into the room, there were no linens for the beds, no towels, no comp coffee and there weren't any bins in the room. We got changed using our pool towels for washing and went out to a park for the evening. We returned at about 11pm and still no linens. They didn't turn up for hours despite calling every half hour. DS slept on a bare bed in the end.

We complained at length the next day but barely got an apology.

On the way home we stopped in New York. On the way out one evening, the lift door closed on my arm. It hurt and I took a seat in reception whilst I got myself together. A member of staff saw it, and called the duty manager. It was just an accident. We got back from the threatre - flower in room, and handwritten letter from the manager, a telephone call ten minutes after we got back to make sure I was alright, another offer of medical support that they would pay for, and then in with the letter complimentary dinner for three - we were leaving the next day, so they offered us comp breakfast instead, with anything we wanted from the menu including champagne cocktails
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sandieb View Post
We used out DVC for the first time last year and was disappointed to hear on Dibb before we went that you don't get the housekeeping that non DVC members get. Our DVC salesperson didn't mention it.

We stayed at two resorts for the first time last year. The first visit was for five nights, we didn't get any housekeeping at all for the whole time. We mentioned it when we returned to our room on the 4th day at about 4pm - we were told that as we were leaving at 6am on the 5th day, they probably wouldn't bother! I picked up a load of towels from a housekeeping trolley on the way back to the room. That was Kidani
We then went to Universal for a couple of days and returned to a different resort OKW. We checked in at 4pm to be told our room wasn't ready - we were given a voucher for coffee while we waited - we ordered it and waited 30 minutes. When we chased it we were told that they had lost the order and the voucher so we would have to get another voucher from reception. By then the room was ready but when we got into the room, there were no linens for the beds, no towels, no comp coffee and there weren't any bins in the room. We got changed using our pool towels for washing and went out to a park for the evening. We returned at about 11pm and still no linens. They didn't turn up for hours despite calling every half hour. DS slept on a bare bed in the end.

We complained at length the next day but barely got an apology.

On the way home we stopped in New York. On the way out one evening, the lift door closed on my arm. It hurt and I took a seat in reception whilst I got myself together. A member of staff saw it, and called the duty manager. It was just an accident. We got back from the threatre - flower in room, and handwritten letter from the manager, a telephone call ten minutes after we got back to make sure I was alright, another offer of medical support that they would pay for, and then in with the letter complimentary dinner for three - we were leaving the next day, so they offered us comp breakfast instead, with anything we wanted from the menu including champagne cocktails
Nice result at the NY hotel, well apart from being hurt!

Did you ring housekeeping when you got to the room circa 5.00pm to report missing stuff or was it at 11.00pm after the Park?

Reason I ask is I find when I ring housekeeping their little 'mobile unit' turns up normally within 10 mins

Old 29 May 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Did you ring housekeeping when you got to the room circa 5.00pm to report missing stuff or was it at 11.00pm after the Park?

Reason I ask is I find when I ring housekeeping their little 'mobile unit' turns up normally within 10 mins
We rang before and after we went out, I'm afraid. Not the best service we've experienced.

Hopefully this August will be better
Sandieb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

My towel and trash last week was just Trash- no new towels or soap etc, Called and went out when I returned they left enough soap and towels for 10!

Other than that housekeeping was ok - the maid even said she was not going to clean the room until 12 on check out morning if we wanted to stay a little longer.

I Still don't understand why you get full cleaning on Day 4 and T&T on day 8 though- I'd prefer it the other way around on longer stays.