Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mmtdevlin
Having Dinner with Goofy

Question one day in DLP - which rides should we prioritise to limit wait times?

hey all. Myself and dd (13) are visiting DLP for one day in late July. Only been once before back in 2012 so can't really remember that much but just looking recommendations on ride order. We will arrive early for ropedrop and probably stay late. It'll be a long day but we don't anticipate being back in Paris for some time.

We only have one day to try to fit lots in (probably both parks). Does anyone have a ride order they like to follow to minimise waiting in line?
Which rides should we prioritise? We really do not want to spend all day queuing. I understand FP ok ... so what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance Dibbers!
2000 Italy: Rome, Florence, Pisa, Rimini & Bologna; 2003 New York; 2004 Kusadasi, Turkey; 2006 Majorca, Spain; 2007 New York; 2008 Paris + Cancun, Mexico; 2010 Orlando; 2011 Las Vegas + San Francisco; 2012 Barbados + Caribbean Cruise [St. Lucia; St. Thomas USVI; St. Kitts; St. Maarten; Puerto Rico]; 2015 Orlando & Clearwater (1 month); 2016 New York and Washington DC; 2017 Paris and DLP;

Edited at 11:40 AM.
mmtdevlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

It really depends. Do you like rollercoasters? Simulators? If you like thrill rides the most I'd prioritise Hyperspace Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain in the main park. They both have fastpass but the former has a single rider line too.

In the studios the rides with the longest lines are Crush and Ratatouille.

Honestly you're going to have to wait a while for at least some of these. They all get long lines.

If you don't like big rides then Peter Pan gets really long lines in the main park. Bear in mind this also closes earlier than the rest of the park due to the fireworks.

If you're there after Pirates is open again, it's also likely to have long lines as it's having a massive refurb.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Will it be a weekend day?
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mmtdevlin
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
It really depends. Do you like rollercoasters? Simulators? If you like thrill rides the most I'd prioritise Hyperspace Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain in the main park. They both have fastpass but the former has a single rider line too.

In the studios the rides with the longest lines are Crush and Ratatouille.

Honestly you're going to have to wait a while for at least some of these. They all get long lines.

If you don't like big rides then Peter Pan gets really long lines in the main park. Bear in mind this also closes earlier than the rest of the park due to the fireworks.

If you're there after Pirates is open again, it's also likely to have long lines as it's having a massive refurb.
Yes thrill rides and coasters. I'd like to definitely get in Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and RocknRollercoaster in the studios. Meeting characters isn't a priority at all and we know we won't get everything in but we'd like to have a plan to enable us to get those three coasters in.

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Will it be a weekend day?
Hi we'll be there on a Thursday
2000 Italy: Rome, Florence, Pisa, Rimini & Bologna; 2003 New York; 2004 Kusadasi, Turkey; 2006 Majorca, Spain; 2007 New York; 2008 Paris + Cancun, Mexico; 2010 Orlando; 2011 Las Vegas + San Francisco; 2012 Barbados + Caribbean Cruise [St. Lucia; St. Thomas USVI; St. Kitts; St. Maarten; Puerto Rico]; 2015 Orlando & Clearwater (1 month); 2016 New York and Washington DC; 2017 Paris and DLP;
mmtdevlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Ratatouille in WDS had the longest queue that I noticed. Go through single rider if you can. The seats are 2 rows of 3 and there were a lot of pairs in the regular line so lots of single rider spots. They also send 3 vehicles at a time due to how the ride works so very good chance you'll still be in the same group, if not the same vehicle.

For me, it was an hour wait in standby and 5 minutes in single rider.

Edited at 06:17 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely FP BTM and perhaps Aerosmith too. We found waits for the latter ok last week tbh. BTM is always busy - hate to say it but it seems to go tech a lot since the refurb (no idea why), so that doesn't help!

I think the French will be on school holidays by then so it will be busy, but at least it's not a weekend which is even worse!

Crush is fantastic in the Studios. If the single rider time is shortish I'd definitely try and do that if you like coasters.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

Last week crush's coaster and ratatouille opened before 10am. So assuming you stay off site, I would suggest getting to the studios for 9.30 and then hope to get crush as soon as it opens, as even the single rider queue is slow. Then go over to ratatouille as a single rider. Then cover anything else like RnRC and ToT over the next hour or get a FP for one. In that way, then when you get to the main park you should be able to snag a FP for BTMR or for some of the other rides. Worth considering the best use of a FP. Last week at midday, the first FP for BTMR was at 18.30 or it was a 45 min queue. We decided to queue which turned out to be a good choice as we then managed to get 5 other FPs in Discoveryland before 18.30 which saved us more time. I'm sure July will be busier, but still hop that helps.
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The best advice is to only go to one Park. Don't try and do two. I would stick to Disneyland Park. Use Fastpass where you can.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bobothebear
Being a bit Goofy

Ok here is what I'd do:
Fast Pass at Rope Drop for Thunder Mountain.
Go across to Discoveryland.
Ride Buzz as that will be fast to get on.
Try Star Tours as that seemed to take a while to get busy
Ride Space Mountain as will be dead, seems to get to about 15 mins max in the morning.

Chances are your FP will be ready to use on BTM after that around 11:30ish
Then walk round to Indiana Jones as that is never busy.

Beyond that it's just the more kiddie rides to go on Or then goto the Studios and get a FP for Tower of Terror.
Rock n Roll Coaster will lilkely be 15 mins wait.
Then Single Rider for Ratatouille
Don't bother with Crush unless you wanna queue for 75 mins.

Back to the Park for Parade at 5:30
bobothebear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bobothebear View Post
Ok here is what I'd do:
Fast Pass at Rope Drop for Thunder Mountain.
Go across to Discoveryland.
Ride Buzz as that will be fast to get on.
Try Star Tours as that seemed to take a while to get busy
Ride Space Mountain as will be dead, seems to get to about 15 mins max in the morning.

Chances are your FP will be ready to use on BTM after that around 11:30ish
Then walk round to Indiana Jones as that is never busy.

Beyond that it's just the more kiddie rides to go on Or then goto the Studios and get a FP for Tower of Terror.
Rock n Roll Coaster will lilkely be 15 mins wait.
Then Single Rider for Ratatouille
Don't bother with Crush unless you wanna queue for 75 mins.

Back to the Park for Parade at 5:30
While that sounds like a good plan of action I think you might have underestimated the queues a bit eg. at the moment Hyperspace Mountain is 40 mins, Star Tours is 30 mins and Buzz is 40 mins. That's about 2 hours just for those 3 and this is a Monday in June.

I'd also advise that anyone going from late July onwards make going on Pirates of the Caribbean a priority. It should be looking fab.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List