Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jun 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

From the info that's available and from what I was told by a couple of CMs, it looks like the waterfront restaurant will be the new table service restaurant. The whole of OPR will be gutted, extended slightly and re-fitted as QS restuarant, shop & lobby areas & I assume they will keep the games arcade, but haven't seen anything mentioned about that. I was told it will also be re-named.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I personally wouldn't book it until the construction work is finished. I know everyone is different though so only you can decide what you are happy with.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've just booked it knowing the building work will be going on.
There are so many other places to eat that the food areas being closed isn't really an issue for us.
We're out nearly all day so as long as no noise at night that will be fine too.
Same thoughts as OP regarding the pool though. I'll be very disappointed if something changes and that then ends up closed.
However at the minute they are not stating the pool area will be affected so I wonder if some compensation might be offered if that were to change.
Not why I've booked I might add. It was just a good price for qsdp, cheaper than staying at a value resort for my dates.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have booked CBR for 5 Aug 2018. DD really liked it last year and it is the cheapest QSDP (the difference will pay for a day/night at universal) so we're willing to take the chance. Planning on spending from early to late in the parks anyway. TBH I was happy with ASMusic which would have bee £200 cheaper again but it's DDs choice this time
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're booked for August next year, at the moment not bothered about the building works, is left a bit of me at CBR last year, we love it, if a few months before its unbareable then I'll look at moving resorts, but it's not crazy to book to stay there at all!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm going Nov 2018 but really not too fussed by all the works. I really only booked for free DDP and will be spending most of our time in parks anyways, but they've stated over and over that we shouldn't hear any building work past dusk ☺
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I am glad I am not the only one still booking, I panicked and thought I was being silly. The ddp, $200 voucher, photopass and onsite transport make it such a good option for us price wise. We just want to be there

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

My kids really want to stay here next trip I was trying to convince them to stay at POFQ! I follow a FB page on CBR and they report about the construction and it doesn't bother that many people. We stated at the GF for our wedding and there was construction back in 2000 and its didn't have any effect!
Old 11 Jun 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

We have just got back from CBR and didn't really notice any noise, only heard twice in a week and the was only when we walked directly pass where the works are.
Food choices are not the best for dinner we had dinner one night but wouldnt do it again, nothing wrong with the food just not great for my fussy kids.
Breakfast was fine, waffles, bacon, eggs, sausage, fruit, porridge, pastries and the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had.
lemon-squeeze is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
I love the look of the CBR and with the current building works going on its the cheapest option for us with QSDP.
Am I being completely crazy in deliberately booking this resort knowing its getting worked on.
The WDW website only really mentions building works and restaurant closures.
Is this the extent if it ? I don't mind a bit of noise and we will be eating at the parks or Disney Springs.
I will however be unhappy if the main pool is unavailable as its the reason my kids love it.
Do we know the timeline of the works or an idea when it should be finished ?
Thankyou 🙂
Having the exact same dilemma! Found a fantastic deal for CBR in October and can't decide if we're crazy knowingly booking during renovations! Think we may just go for it...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List