Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
longles
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Karen Mouse View Post
We are on a Thomson villa package too.

I had no idea about having to go to an office the next day.. what for?

My itinerary means we will be in Magic Kingdom all day... I dont want to go to an office and waste half the morning? !
we did a thomson package in 2014 the first time we went,we had to go to the hotelbeds office by the 192-I4 junction for them to take a swipe of a card for damage security,it was however the same lady we saw on the thomson desk at the airport the previous day as it was hotelbeds that dealt with all the villas,the office on the 192 is now permanently closed.
2018-CR,YC,RPR... 2020,2021-cancelled 2022-emerald island,swan,HRH
longles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by longles View Post
we did a thomson package in 2014 the first time we went,we had to go to the hotelbeds office by the 192-I4 junction for them to take a swipe of a card for damage security,it was however the same lady we saw on the thomson desk at the airport the previous day as it was hotelbeds that dealt with all the villas,the office on the 192 is now permanently closed.
Hopefully its all done at the airport now then
Old 18 Jun 17, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bessie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

arrived yesterday & was given an info pack at the airport. Had to visit the office this morning, basically to hand in the registration form with credit card details for any damages (which is the norm with a villa). Was only a 10 mins drive to Champions Gate, & you can register anytime between 8am & 11am so was ideal seeing as we were up at 4am

Was no bother at all. No hard sell of tickets, just to let us know they are there if needed.

B
Star Island & Westgate Lakes 2 wks Sept 98, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 99, Blue Tree Resort 3 wks Sept 00, Blue Tree Resort & AMI 3 wks Sept 01, DLP Aug 02, Venetian Bay Villages 2 wks Aug 08, Bella Piazza 2 wks Aug 11 Windsor Hills 3 wks Aug 12, Windsor Hills 2 wks Oct 15 Paradise Palms 2 wks June 2017
Bessie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Karen Mouse
Imagineer

Karen Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bessie View Post
Hi

arrived yesterday & was given an info pack at the airport. Had to visit the office this morning, basically to hand in the registration form with credit card details for any damages (which is the norm with a villa). Was only a 10 mins drive to Champions Gate, & you can register anytime between 8am & 11am so was ideal seeing as we were up at 4am

Was no bother at all. No hard sell of tickets, just to let us know they are there if needed.

B
Thanks for the info..
What area is your villa in?.. we have been told Haines, Davenport or Clermont.
We were hoping to be at Magic kingdom by 8am first morning.. I guess it will be more like 9 by the time we have done that and driven up.
Old 18 Jun 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Hi

B
This is what we did in 2015, took minutes but I got them to note down a couple of very minor issues so there was no come back on us (literally just bend blinds in a bedroom and 1 drawer broken). This is also where we got the wifi code as I couldn't find the router anywhere.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Hi, staying in a villa

thanks
On arrival go through security. Then you exit the terminal and you'll see the Thomson office on the left. You get all your villa details including keys or pass codes here.

Take em or leave tips from me
  • Send one person through while the other waits for bags. There can be quite a queue.
  • Don't take them free car. The insurance is a rip off. Book via Alamo Brits of you need one
  • Don't book tickets via Thomson. Customer service is a nightmare. You'll get five different answers off five different people. If you do book it, you'll get a code thirty days beforehand. But it doesn't always work and you have to chase said useless customer service, as I found out and we missed the offsite fp opening.
  • Enjoy the Dreamliner, amazing plane. You'll notice reduced jetlag.
  • If needed, book pool heating via the local agent, Thomson's are again a rip off.

Edited at 07:15 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hi

B
So they have not changed their system which is disappointing. It does mean that early on your first full day you have to get to Champions Gate and register.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
So they have not changed their system which is disappointing. It does mean that early on your first full day you have to get to Champions Gate and register.
In 2015, you just had to hand it in at any point during our two week holiday. We were also given the choice to do it at the airport, but we knew the management office was only 5 minutes from the villa so we just did it when we got there.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
Rosen inn has a rep onsite everyday to be honest they didn't give us anything worthwhile in the pack but if first time probably worth it.
This year will just go direct to Alamo and get the car.
We have been loads of times so won't need the rep only booked package as it was cheaper normally do diy. So if nothing worthwhile then we will just head straight to Alamo which we've booked ourselves as not taking" free car".
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I've booked through Thomson. Going on the Dreamliner and then onto a Disney hotel. I'm not taking the free Thomson hire car. Is there any reason for me to go and see them? Anything they might give me or tell me that might be useful?
Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List