Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Jun 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Highs and Lows June report

Hello all, this is my first highs and low for my trip to DLP from 5th - 9th June!

Lows -
Not many we had a really good trip but just a couple of things.

Illuminations - We qued on main street twice 30 mins before the show and had quite a good view until people decided to put children on their shoulders and or film the show through their phone. This blocked most of the view, I know people make sure the kids get the best view but please be considerate of others around. As for the phone recordings, it's been done professionally, you're not going to get a better video than the ones Disney produced so put the camera down. From what I saw Illuminations was not as good as dreams.

Parade - A similar gripe we had qued for around an hour to get good sports for the parade. 20 mins before the parade as about to start families started to show up and grumble that my partner and I were at the front with no children. I always let small children stand in front of me as long as I can get a good view and good pictures I am happy, however, if I have let your small child in front of me I am not allowing you as a parent block my view. If you want to stand with your child please turn up early to do so.

Gripes over highlights time!

We stayed at the Kyriad for the second time this year. Clean room with 2 single beds and a bunk bed, beds were comfortable, clean towels everyday and showers were good that's all we need from a room.
Breakfast was good much better than I had had in the Santa Fe hotel last year with a mix of hot and cold food, cereals meats and yoghurts. The staff were really friendly and helpful too. The bus service was frequent on this trip which was nice although they had been doing for on the road that connects the hotel, probably not the best time to start work on the road going into peak but oh well.

Park highlights

Day 1
We have fantasy passes and couldn't get into the park day 1as it's a French bank holiday but we have a nice evening in the sports bar drinking glow tinies and a lovely meal in the steakhouse.

Day 2
Star Tours - WOW my partner is a huge star wars fan and loved the update it was brilliant to get a slightly different ride every time.

While waiting for Hyper Space Mountain FP we wandered over to fantasy land, while my partner smoked (in the designated smoking area) and i took pics he noticed Snow White and Prince Charming had appeared just behind the princess pavilion. A short wait and a brilliant interaction in which they allowed me to record them saying hello to my nice Cassidy. Both were very gracious and fun to meet.

Hyper Space Mountain - Always loved this ride but with the updates, it tipped it to the top again. The star wars touches are fab.

Darth Vader - My partner is a bit sceptical about meeting characters but really enjoyed being intimidated by Vader and actually bought a photo pass for the pictures. The setting was brilliant it was a really enjoyable if terrifying interaction.

Day three highlights

Belle - my favourite Disney princess and I had never met her! We were at the gates for the 9.30 gate open and I went straight to Belles meet and greet expecting for the wait until 11. My partner went off with the camera and my smartphone to ride Tower or Terror landing me with his phone that literally text and rings. After waiting around 15 mins of waiting we were allowed in to meet Belle! I am glad that we had the photo pass so I could get some pictures from the meet. A good meet with a brilliant backdrop and was a nice treat not to have to wait 90 mins like expected. I would advise people to jump in the Que asap.

Mickey and Magician - I loved the show, as a musical theatre fan the story, singing and dancing were all fab! Especially the Rafiki what a voice! I will defiantly go back and see it again and defiantly my favourite show in DLP.

Day 3
Meet Mickey - I had never meet Mickey before, we had a brilliant interaction with him and got some great pics on our photo pass. We mostly went in to escape the heat but really enjoyed watching Mickey Cartoons in the que.

Parade - Performers were brilliant worth interactions and loved the new floats. Bit disappointed not to see the dragon in either or the parades we watched but we are back soon.

Day 4
Meet and greet with Donald- What a fab meet. The handler was brilliant entertaining the line singing, dancing and interacting with the que. Donald throwing a fit every time someone gave him a Mickey autograph book or wore a Mickey shirt it was the most fun I have had in a que.

Princess Pavillion - again we went in to avoid the heat, loved the teaming inside with the stain glassed windows of the castles and trousers from the princesses. We met Aurora and had a lovely chat about my Marrie outfit and her princess show. Again for some excellent pics.

Day five
Mostly we went to our fave rides before getting on the magical express. Which is definitely the best way to travel from the airport to Disney super easy to find by the terminal 2f entrance on the way out and came straight out the park and walked through the Disneyland Hotel to hop on the bus to the airport. Yes the TGV is quicker but the Bus was a heck of a lot more comfortable.

Mostly we enjoyed wandering around the park and catching interactions with the TON of character that was out and enjoying the atmosphere. Most que times were between 5-15 mins we didn't wait more than 40 mins for anything! Was lovely to see lots of people training but that had the magic touch about them, some of the older cast members still not quite there but had some lovely chats with younger cast members who were super engaged and helpful.

Sorry for the especially long report but we had such a good time. 115 sleeps until out Haloween trip!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like you had a good trip, I have never tried DLP but it seems like people do enjoy it.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Ooh we were there at the same time! Sounds like you had a great trip :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds like a fab trip
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List