Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshireguy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Sorry the weather was so bad. The forecast is shocking at the moment. No sun symbols on the forecast at all.
Thank you, that's very kind. It didn't ruin the holiday as was still very warm and we go for the Parks rather than the sunshine getting a tan sort of holiday!

It did put a dampener on it though as was prolonged rain.
Yorkshireguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

We had constant rain a couple of weeks ago when we were there and it cooled down to the mid 70s occasionally.

Main issue is footwear.

Make sure you have more than one pair of comfy (well broken in) shoes/sandals

I found the hair dryer handy in the room for drying shoes. They would not dry overnight on the balcony, the weather was so bad.

Disney332
Old 14 Jun 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
oakwell
Proud to wear my Ears

we get there 26th just looked on 14 day forecast looks better and keeping fingers crossed!
oakwell is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are here now. We did a cruise the first week around the Caribbean and it was hot! To hot 40+ every day! In Orlando now and it's cloudy but still warm currently 28. This year I would say is the wettest June I have had but the rain happens in the afternoon everyday and it doesn't stop us having fun. But back to September for me I think
Old 14 Jun 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ICECUBEQUEEN
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
We had constant rain a couple of weeks ago when we were there and it cooled down to the mid 70s occasionally.

Main issue is footwear.

Make sure you have more than one pair of comfy (well broken in) shoes/sandals

I found the hair dryer handy in the room for drying shoes. They would not dry overnight on the balcony, the weather was so bad.

Disney332

We had the same problem! Usually our shoes would dry out left on the balcony, but with the low temps and how wet we got we couldn't dry them out! I also sat for ages drying out 4 pairs of shoes using a hairdryer!

2010 DLP Santa Fe 2011 DLP Sequoia Lodge 2012 WDW All Stars Music & Royal Pacific Resort 2017 Sheraton Vistana Resort & Hard Rock Hotel 2019 DLP Newport Bay 2020 Currently in the planning stages!
ICECUBEQUEEN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

June (and July/Aug/Sept) is the rainy season and gets an average of 6 inches of rain per month (see the Dibb Guidebook) - 3 times more than London. Therefore, if you go for 2 weeks during the summer, you shouldn't be surprised if you get 3 inches whilst there. The definition of 'average' doesn't mean you are guaranteed 3 inches, there is a 50% chance it will be less, but also a 50% chance it will be more.
If you want less rain, go in a drier month like April (this year was drier than usual, no rain at all, a drought).
Looking at the symbols on weather forecasts is pointless - they don't tell you anything, the weather changes during the day. If you are interested in rain look at the detailed rain radar maps e.g. Stormtracker 13 (mynews13/content/news...adar.html.html) or Klystron 9 (baynews9/content/news...n-9-radar.html). They are surprisingly accurate down to street level (zoom in) and tell you where it is, how localised it is, how heavy it is and where it is moving.
'Miserable' weather is when there is a hurricane - an order of magnitude worse than anything at the moment. Your holiday is not spoilt by 30min torrential downpours in late afternoon, but it will be if there is a hurricane. Hurricane Matthew last Oct didn't come inland, so was 80 miles away, but the parks closed and Orange/Osceola counties had a curfew. Shops closed, St Augustine flooded, part of the A1A coast road washed away, stuck indoors - that is when you would be miserable.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a ridiculous post above. The last two weeks have been cloudy and wet. Friends have said too cold for waterparks. Just read the other posts

I would class that as miserable weather. Worse than the UK as I haven't paid £10k to experience it!

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well again today have seen no blue sky and its now lashing down, not one of those 30 mins showers either ( wont be burning the forehead today!). Think its much the same for the foreseeable BUT will not lie to you we have had the best first 5 days. Its not miserable if your doing the parks and can dodge the rain ( on the balcony with a Landshark &#128522 AK today has been brilliant, new Avitar ride was amazing and did just about all other rides we wanted. Back later tonight for the light show thingy and meal at Tiffins. Don't get me wrong would be great wall to wall sunshine and we have had that many times but what do you do anywhere else in the world when its poor weather? So much more to do here. Golf on Palm tomorrow,⛳😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
whiteswan
Imagineer

whiteswan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
What a ridiculous post above. The last two weeks have been cloudy and wet. Friends have said too cold for waterparks. Just read the other posts

I would class that as miserable weather. Worse than the UK as I haven't paid £10k to experience it!
I wouldn't say the post you refer to is anymore "ridiculous" than your post.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

We fly out tomorrow - and I'm well aware its the "wet" season therefore it could very well rain for the whole 2 weeks day and night - that's why we usually go in January/Feb.

Knowing this I wouldn't have spent "10 grand" to go away - I booked on Sunday for 2 weeks for 2 people - flights/4 bed villa/ suv all come to around £2250.00 - we are not doing parks this time (unless I decide to get Disney/Universal annual passes whilst there as we can use again next Jan/Feb) - so quite reasonable to be honest.

But I am aware - because I did my homework before spending my money - its probably the best place in the world to still enjoy yourself if it is raining.

The above is just my opinion - it doesn't make it fact or gospel - just my opinion - and I'm entitled to it ;-)

Like I said previously... at least I'm not in sunny Oldham ( and from the weather it looks like it will be really sunny Oldham)

Dave
whiteswan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Daza
slightly serious Dibber

Always wondered why it gets 'The Sunshine State'
May 15th Homewood Suites near Universal.
Daza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List