Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 16 Jun 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
You can prearrange the tag now so don't have to turn up at a tax office.

octaxcol/contact/

and choose the email option and they will send you the form. Fill it in, sign it and then send off the relevant documentation (scanned copied of Blue Badge and passport). Once received they will give you the date you need to ring and pay (60 days before I want to say) then you phone them and pay the $17 over the phone via a card and they post it to you. It was really simple and made life a lot easier. You have to give holiday dates and its only cover for those dates so if you arent 100% sure on the dates then make sure you put a buffer in. We applied for ours before we booked the flight home so got for a few days either side just in case.
Sarah, my apologies, I confess I hadn't read other posts and see I've done a nigh on carbon copy of what you said
Old 17 Jun 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Sarah, my apologies, I confess I hadn't read other posts and see I've done a nigh on carbon copy of what you said
Don't worry! Its much better to have it here twice than to not get it at all
Old 6 Jul 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Chinchillababe
Looking for my Ears

Hi Guys

Does this actually work this way still? I have always booked mine by email but have been told to book a visit for one this year but they aren't open at weekends when we arrive late friday and would need it for the weekend. Anyone with current info would be great.
Chinchillababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Follow the instruction in responses #9 and #10. It works.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chinchillababe View Post
Hi Guys

Does this actually work this way still? I have always booked mine by email but have been told to book a visit for one this year but they aren't open at weekends when we arrive late friday and would need it for the weekend. Anyone with current info would be great.
Yes, I try not to post old info CB, you'll be fine Worked a treat for bro recently who formerly acquired his placard via online application to Osceola County, saving him long queues in Lee County Cape Coral office. As his Osceola issued placard had remaining validity Orange issued free of charge and posted to his UK address. I believe Osceola ceased online applications last year.

Shout out if anything in the instructions is confusing.

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Follow the instruction in responses #9 and #10. It works.
Thank you ILHO
Old 7 Jul 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post

For Disney disabled parking, you'll be instructed to "follow the blue line" and all being well, you'll end up in the correct parking lot. With MK, it tends to fill up quite quickly and they use an overspill area. It's still within walking distance of the TTC though and means that you don't need to use the tram. EPCOT, HS and AK are much easier to park in with the same system but no tram to bother with.

Be warned though - getting out of Epcot after the fireworks is a pain! I waited 45 mins the last time I was there. The Disney staff were nowhere to be seen.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Chinchillababe
Looking for my Ears

Thanks Guys. I did it today and it worked. Thanks so much. Was starting to stress a little over it. However when i rang to pay i was handed to George who was curious to know how i knew what to send . As i have had these permits before and most recently within the last 12 months i didn't have to pay again.
Chinchillababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Hi Guys

Thanks Guys. I did it today and it worked. Thanks so much. Was starting to stress a little over it. However when i rang to pay i was handed to George who was curious to know how i knew what to send . As i have had these permits before and most recently within the last 12 months i didn't have to pay again.
Glad it worked! I only knew about it for the first time this year and found the process fantastic! I hope they keep it going as it will definitely make my annual trip easier.
Old 9 Aug 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Binkster
Getting to know the DIBB

Disabled badge

Hi

This is great advice.

I have got the form. I take it we don't need a dr to sign?
Binkster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
diyorks
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Really easy to do online and they post it out to you. They were lovely on the phone when I rang to pay too. The form only takes a few minutes and you just email it and copy/scan/screenshot both sides of the blue badge. The parking is really good at all resorts, I was really impressed last time and it made it easy to get out and away if things had got "tricky".
diyorks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List