Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
nosunshine
Earning More Ears

Mobile Florida with baby - big problems!

I am meant to be going to Orlando November this year and staying at Disney Pofq.
I have found out I will be 7 1/2 months pregnant so obviously need to postpone. I can ring virgin and change my booking but I'm thinking is florida in may doable with a 3 month old baby? I love May but it's getting hot. And am I mad for even considering taking a 3 month old. Or do I postpone a year and go next November when baby is 8/9 months old. I personally felt 3 months would be easier.
Also I don't think one room in Pofq is viable any longer so was going to see about changing to cheaper and larger accommodation and driving. I love lake buena vista resort and spa, does anyone have any good family/baby friendly offsite recommendations? My other child will be 10 next year when we now look at going. This baby malarkey is new to me again!

Thanks in advance
Old 19 Jun 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

we took our son in August last year, he was 13 weeks old and to be honest he dealt better than me!

He was a little unsettled for a couple of days whilst i think he was ajusting but after that he was perfect, he slept through too

drop me a message if you want a chat about it

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Much easier than taking a toddler, a teenager or an adult family member. Give me a 3 month old any day

Not mad at all, why not? so its warm, so you have to use ride swap, so you might have to have a few plan changes were and there but that does not matter. It will be even better fun than before and you can get even better pictures!
Old 19 Jun 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
robertgreen99
Getting Excited

make sure you take your baby before he/she can crawl. It will be so much easier.
robertgreen99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by robertgreen99 View Post
make sure you take your baby before he/she can crawl. It will be so much easier.
100% agree, we had a 20 month old and a 3 month old, the plane was interesting, luckily for me i had the 3 month old

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
nosunshine
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Haha thanks guys I think you've convinced me to postpone to sooner rather than later so currently on hold to virgin! I'll just have to power walk my way into a bikini before I go! I've become very selfish having the one older child and find the concept of a baby quite daunting!
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I think 3 month old is fine in May its just before it gets too humid.
We took DS at 8 months in November and he had fun. Loved meeting the characters.
Old 19 Jun 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm just back after a week with my 4 month old and did a post about my experience last week. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1028853

We took her sister at 7.5 months and the flights were harder because she was less inclined to just sleep, but the rest of the holiday was more fun for her because she was much more aware of what was going on. It really is so easy when they're small and Disney is well equipped for babies. I will add that it's probably much easier if you're breastfeeding and don't have to think about the logistics of preparing bottles. I'm happy to feed pretty much anywhere which is necessary with a tiny baby in the heat.

We're going back in October when she'll be 8.5 months and I think it will probably be more fun. I'm still glad we went though and DD1 had a great time!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DS 3 was born on March 17 we headed to Florida our first visit June first he was a dream but he'd already been to Centre Parks at 6 weeks and bles him at 22 he's still the most portable of the 3 like his dad and packs ultra light like him too
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We took a four month old in May and it was fine! Much easier than taking a toddler!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List