Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

BA or VA

We are currently getting quotes for our trip next year and wondered what the difference is between these 2? Economy more than likely. Which is better and why regardless of cost? xx
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

from what i have read VA and BA are 2 of the best airlines

BA is having a tough time at the moment so i would take that into mind aswell

We flew BA in 2013 and we really enjoyed it, flew Thomas Cook last year and really didnt like it

Next year we would like to try VA but in all honesty it is 9 hours of your life and unless you are in Club World or Upper Class, its never going to be the most comfy time, so for me it would all boil down to cost

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Very similar, I would always go with the cheaper quote because both are pretty reliable. Things to consider Virgin have the Disney Springs check in for your last day which is very useful, but also look at prices for the BA flight to Tampa as the drive is not too bad and and is often cheaper than Orlando flight.
Old 21 Jun 17, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Annie17
Very Serious Dibber

also BA sometimes have very good deals on Flydrives

Wdw 2013,2016,2018,2019

Engaged 04/09/18 in Magic Kingdom.
Annie17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

There's not usually a lot of difference in Economy. If you are planning on flying from LGW to MCO or TPA, bear in mind that BA is planning to start refurbishing its LGW 777 fleet, starting this coming winter.

The positive of that will be refurbished seats and new IFE, the negative will be a move from 9 to 10 seats across in Economy. Hard to know how quickly it will happen, so it won't be certain this far in advance whether it would be old or new configuration.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Annie17 View Post
also BA sometimes have very good deals on Flydrives
That's a good plus, especially as it makes the flight into a package so you only have to pay a deposit up-front.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew BA in 2016 it was on one of the old planes from Gatwick, I found the seat uncomfortable and didnt really enjoy the flight.They also changed our flight and seats Twice. We did get our flights for a good price though. Once home I said I would not fly with them again until the planes had a refurb, But when I was looking for flights for 2018 I still considered them as I thought its only 9 hours. But VA was cheaper so we opted for them, But to be fair had BA come in at a good price I would of booked with them, So our flight in 2016 could not of been that bad We had such an amazing holiday I forgot all about the flight
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I like Virgin. Firstly, they fly from Manchester, which is more convenient as our flight connections to Gatwick aren't great. Secondly, they offer economy on the upper deck - I know they won't forever, as the 747s will inevitably be retired in due course, but whilst they do this is a big plus for me.

However, BA are fine as well, and I'd happily use them if it was cheaper.
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

I find the seats on the BA777s far less comfortable that the seats on the VA747s, but at the end of the day, so long as i can stretch occasionally, there is not much between them. Price wins.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ejmna1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Have traveled with both in the past 3 years

V -The disney springs bag drop is great
BA -The drive from Tampa was only 50 mins, we were out of the terminal and in the car in 45 mins and the flights were cheaper

The flight experience - in the end for me was the same
ejmna1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List