Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile Planning a family trip 2018? Any money saving tips

Planning a trip two adults two kids Christmas 2018 want to stay outside disney for 3-4 days to save costs and then 11 nights in disney. Dining plan? Any good? Pre booking character meals? How much spending money. We went 2013 at Christmas so know how busy it can be so thought staying in disney may reduce travelling times and costs for us with two kids. Any advice appreciate. Ps we are from the uk

Thanks in advance
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Also flights aren't out for december2018 yet will they be out 12 months before? And should we hold off booking hotel and tickets etc till flights come out
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

I don't think the dining plan is offered in December. I think if your trip starts in November but ends in December the dining plan will be offered.
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No dining plan really? Is there a reason they don't offer in December? I typed it in for december2017 to get. Rough price guide and they offer it for December that u can do meal plans
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsajennything View Post
No dining plan really? Is there a reason they don't offer in December? I typed it in for december2017 to get. Rough price guide and they offer it for December that u can do meal plans
I believe you *can* do the dining plan in December but it isn't free.

It's the busiest time of year for them, so they don't need to offer extra incentives sadly.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

Sorry that's what I meant, Free dining isn't offered
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you work out on average how much you'd be spending each day on meals for the family (including tips), then compare to the price of DDP that will help with the decision, but I don't think it's free for December also if you're wanting to do character meals they are a bit pricier so I would say DDP is more than likely going to work better for you.

For spending money, I don't really set a solid amount, but maybe $150 a day?
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the reply. If u go for disney dining plan does that mean I get so many credits and u divide it up over the two weeks? Also does it mean that both kids have to be on the dining plan too? Can it be used at any restaurants and can u use it towards character meals or do I book them separate? Am I best to go ahead and book the holiday and add my flights once they come out? It's all so overwhelming and scared to make the wrong decision for the trip. Any hotel recommendations within disney that are reasonable price as wont be spending much time in the rooms themselves thanks in advance
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yeah the dining plan you get so many credits, you don't have to use them day by day if that makes sense, so you can use less one day then splurge a little later in your holiday. I'm not too sure about the kids having to be on the dining plan, maybe over a certain age? 9 I believe.. There are 3 different plans, quick service, you can use for quick service restaurants, then there's the regular dining plan which includes both table and quick service, this one would be better if you want character dining. And the deluxe which is just more meal credits than the regular. You will be able to make reservations 180 days before your trip, easy to do through the Disney experience app or the website. But just remember if you do go with a dining plan, tips aren't included which in the US is around 15-20% of the bill. You can always ask a cast member they're always more than happy to help

For flights, I booked direct with Disney when they came out, as it was more convenient and I knew it was taken care of. Though I've heard skyscanner is really good too if you wanted to hunt around.

And for Disney hotels, if you aren't going to be in the rooms much, you could maybe go for a value resort, the All-Stars are great, and I've heard art of animation is good. Or you could go for a cheaper moderate resort like Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans. It really just depends on your budget. Hope this all helps.
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List