Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Jun 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

What is a good price for Universal? (and can you change with Virgin Holidays?)

I'm not sure whether we should book now or wait. We have been quoted £908 for two kids and two adults, and about £100 more.

I'm kind of assuming that £908 is probably not too bad (for three parks), and so we should just go for it.

Also, assuming that £300 odd is okay for one night at Loews Royal Pacific is okay?

Should say, this is for August 2018.

I rushed (too fast) into Virgin flights for 2018, and realised I should have waited, so now I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not rushing too fast again.

Thanks!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
I'm not sure whether we should book now or wait. We have been quoted £908 for two kids and two adults, and about £100 more.

I'm kind of assuming that £908 is probably not too bad (for three parks), and so we should just go for it.

Also, assuming that £300 odd is okay for one night at Loews Royal Pacific is okay?

I rushed (too fast) into Virgin flights for 2018, and realised I should have waited, so now I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not rushing too fast again.

Thanks!
I can't help you with ticket costs I'm afraid because I can't remember how much ours were (plus only for 2 parks and 2 adults)

We paid £200 for Royal Pacific and I have seen others paying a similar price so you might want to hold out for a better price.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've been looking at RPR for Aug 2018 and seen it for around £230 with sunshine
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post

Thanks!
Loews Royal Pacific does not offer Express Pass so I would look for an alternative Universal Hotel such as Hard Rock.

£300 a night is way too much
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Express passes are included in your stay at Royal Pacific Resort, that's why I upgraded from Cabana Bay

Taken from Universal website:

Picking Up Your Universal Express Unlimited™ Pass
When you stay at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, you'll receive a free* Universal Express Unlimited™ pass to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions at Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal's Islands of Adventure™. Use your room key at the Universal Express Unlimited™ kiosk in the hotel lobby to receive your Universal Express Unlimited™ Pass upon check-in (restrictions apply). Your pass is valid from the time it’s issued to you until Universal Orlando Resort™ theme parks close on the day of your check-out/departure. Separate theme park admission is required.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Loews Royal Pacific does not offer Express Pass so I would look for an alternative Universal Hotel such as Hard Rock.
express passes are definitely included, we had them last July and doing the same again this year. May be you are thinking of Cabana Bay?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
express passes are definitely included, we had them last July and doing the same again this year. May be you are thinking of Cabana Bay?
Apologies got mixed up with the other new hotel - Sapphire falls?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Apologies got mixed up with the other new hotel - Sapphire falls?
Ahh yes - understandable now there are so many
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I'd say that's a fair price for tickets. I normally use orlandoattractions.com for decent priced tickets but for what you want there's are £936. Though they send you the tickets out so you have them ready to use straight away. I dont know if it's still the same but when we used to buy them through Virgin we'd have to go to will call to pick up the tickets. Sometimes the queue is mad for that so I'd probably pay the little extra to skip the wait!

At the moment on hotels.com (who we used for RPR this year) you can get a night in August for £250.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List