Old 21 Jun 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wheelchair from car parks?

Hi everyone,
Just wondered what happens if you have a wheelchair. When you take it out of your car in the car park can you fold it up and go on the trains that take you into the park? Or do you have to be pushed from car park into the parks? Thanks.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariekitty13
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Hi everyone,
Just wondered what happens if you have a wheelchair. When you take it out of your car in the car park can you fold it up and go on the trains that take you into the park? Or do you have to be pushed from car park into the parks? Thanks.
Hi, I'm not entirely sure about from the car parks as we didn't drive last time, but I can tell you that from the TTC there are ramps to the monorail and from what I can remember there was a little waiting area for wheelchairs so that they can get on first. So the monorail is definitely accessible. And you shouldn't have to fold the wheelchair up.

So I just found this link disneyworld.disney.go/gu...vices/parking/ that says there are disabled parking spaces close to the park entrances and the trams don't serve those spaces, so I guess you would just have to be pushed into the parks

But if you want to park hop but keep your car at the first park you could just catch the monorail.
Mariekitty13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

You can't officially fold them and go on the trams from the car park, but the last section of each tram has a larger seating area where people with buggies collapse them and sit, we managed to use this twice.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Hi everyone,
If you apply for a US temporary disabled parking permit you will not need to use the trams as the disabled parking areas at all parks are within walking distance to the entrances.
Magic Kingdom is the only park where once parked up you are still a distance from the park its self and you would then either take the Ferry or the Monorail over to the Magic Kingdom Park entrance.
TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by TillySmith View Post
If you apply for a US temporary disabled parking permit you will not need to use the trams as the disabled parking areas at all parks are within walking distance to the entrances.
Magic Kingdom is the only park where once parked up you are still a distance from the park its self and you would then either take the Ferry or the Monorail over to the Magic Kingdom Park entrance.
I don't have a disabled parking permit here as I manage to walk about. It's standing or walking for long periods of time that causes me pain, which of course is lots in Florida.
Thanks for your reply.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Mariekitty13 and Disneybear
Thankyou for your replies very helpful.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

I don't have a disabled parking permit here as I manage to walk about. It's standing or walking for long periods of time that causes me pain, which of course is lots in Florida.
Thanks for your reply.
Hope you manage OK when you are there, I see we are near neighbours, I live just outside of Hull, our city of culture ! Have a great trip.
TillySmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by TillySmith View Post
Hope you manage OK when you are there, I see we are near neighbours, I live just outside of Hull, our city of culture ! Have a great trip.
Hi,
Thanks. Have you managed to see any of the events or attractions for "City of Culture?"
The Poppies, daffodils and fountains (which remind me of Florida)

Wilderness Lodge 2018
Old 24 Jun 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TillySmith
Excited about Disney

Hi,
Thanks. Have you managed to see any of the events or attractions for "City of Culture?"
The Poppies, daffodils and fountains (which remind me of Florida)
Yes we saw a little bit in May when my brother and his family came to stay with us.
He lives in Hertfordshire and has not lived in Hull since he went to University in Newcastle in the 70's. They were quite impressed, although all the volunteers around the city were constantly telling him where the best pubs where ! ( He had plenty of practise in those before he went to Uni ! ) Take care. Pam
Old 25 Jun 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

As others have suggested, the Florida temporary parking permit would be ideal but as you haven't got a blue permit the UK, then you couldn't apply for one anyway. I'd add to that by saying that at times, the disabled parking 'lots' in Magic Kingdom especially fill up very quickly. I turned up one morning in early November at 10am to find no spaces available. The attendants found me a row end space where I could open my door wide.

As for using the trams or pushing your wheelchair to the TTC, the parking lot staff should be able to help by parking you close enough to avoid using the tram even though you've not got a disabled pass. They're very helpful people - usually - although I've met a few inflexible ones. Using the Monorail or ferry will be very easy for you although the ramp up to the monorail is a bit long. The platform staff will place a ramp up to a separate cabin so you can be wheeled in and out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List