Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Tenerife or Florida August 2018 - guess which one family chose?

We came back from our first Florida trip in April and I loved it so much I can't wait to go back!

We were planning a beach holiday somewhere like Tenerife for next summer and I ran the possibility of doing Florida again past my family this evening.

Guess which one they all chose? 😁

There are strict conditions however. It needs to be cheap as chips! No Disney, just universal, volcano bay, seaworld, aquatica and Busch Gardens, followed by a few days on the beach somewhere. We will need to stay somewhere with a kitchen so we can eat in occasionally and find cheap flights.

The budget is £4,000 including park tickets for 2 adults, a 10 yr old and a 5 yr old! We have no specific dates except it must be in the summer holidays.

I guess i will be stalking the cheap/glitch summer 2018 thread as soon as it gets posted, hoping for £400 BA fly drive prices or £300 AA flight prices like last year!
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
£4k budget?

Need £1k for tickets!

I guess it can be done but good luck!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
£4k budget?

Need £1k for tickets!

I guess it can be done but good luck!
Yes, it will probably cost £1.5k for tickets so we will only be going if we can get similar flight or fly drive prices to what some people on here managed to get for this august.

I will be stalking all of the flight comparison sites when the time comes!
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

should be possible, you may just have to settle for a budget hotel (dont know how budget it is in comparison to others) but fairfield in and suites LBV was all very pleasant.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It might be possible we did it for less than that but not in holidays but a package so you might get it cheaper DIY in holidays if you start staking out flight prices for ideas, I've read people getting bargains.
Last year we bought the Orlando flex ticket plus which got us into universals, Busch gardens, aquatica, seaworld and then wet n wild, so here could be something similar with volcano bay in now , we didn't pay much more than £1000 for four of us ( we did add daughters boyfriend in after as travelled as a five but at time of booking our prices were based on four ) bought tickets from ATD and got freebies for all the idrive 360 area attractions.
Our holiday was booked as a package with thomas cook direct flights from Manchester and staying at rosen inn @ pointe which was perfect for those parks and just checking invoices that was £2,807 including paying to select our seats.
Hope you can do it around your budget
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Universals cabana bay was very reasonable when I priced it up for next August 😊
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Good luck with that budget. I really hope you can make it work and will be interested how you get on.
Old 22 Jun 17, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

We're a family of four but with two teens and were looking at Spain/canaries for this summer. As you can see from our countdown we're off to Florida instead! This was entirely down to cheap flights. Paid £1,900 for four return flights LHR to MIA including group W car. We're not doing parks and staying in a hotel in Miami and then a lovely villa, but could def have found much cheaper accommodation. Good luck!
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

We're doing the same this year (cheaper one without Disney or Universal).

I booked Residence Inn at SeaWorld for 2 weeks with SeaWorld, Aquatic and Busch Gardens tickets for ~£3k.

So with Universal on top should be do-able
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

We reduced our cost by going for 11 rather than 14 nights - so for 2 adults and a child paid £3300 to fly direct with BA and 11 nights in Cabana Bay Family Suite in the last 2 weeks of August - tickets for Universal circa £650. Staying at a idrive hotel would reduce this even further - just need to factor in travel. Indirect flights reduce again - we just couldn't face it - or rather i couldn't as i hate flying.
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List