Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jun 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Help - which Room No. All Star Movies

Good morning Dibbers

Please could someone help me. I can check in online tomorrow and we would like to know from people who have stayed here, which room numbers are good to stay in. We would prefer Block 9 which looking at the map, is the one with Woody. Looking at photos, it looks like there are a few trees lining the pathway which gives it the impression of being a little bit dark. Could anyone please suggest a good room?

If not in Toy Story then maybe Fantasia?

Thank you
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Sorry I forgot to say, we would like to be at the end closest to the main lobby (if) we can.

Thank you
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

When you check in on line the options are only what floor, close to transport etc and I think what section (like toy story) there's no option to request a room number, though You can do that on touring plans website. You can see all the views from the rooms and they will fax your request for you, we did it last year and got the block we wanted but not the room. Do you have a preferred room booked? As toy story, Dalmatians and Fantasia are preferred rooms. So these options will be given at on line check in if you've booked preferred.

We stayed in toy story section, I really wanted to be in andys room with the huge woody and buzz outside but we were through there then to the back of the section closer to the car park with zero view, was a bit gutted for about 10 mins but it honestly didn't matter the room was nice and quiet and we didn't get many people walking past, it was lovely walking through andys room to get to the foodcourt each morning.

So what I'm saying is, I'd focus on what section you want to be in rather than a specific room. We chose toy story we loved that theme and Fantasia is right by the main pool so could get noisy if you have a room facing the pool, they're both about the same distance from the foodcourt.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi there

Thank you for all that info very helpful 😊. Yes we are in a Preferred Room and my DD would love to stay in Block 9 with Woody. I would, if possible, like to stay the end nearest the lobby (which I'm sure a lot would). I was wondering whether if we were lucky enough to be 'inside' the room whether it would be noisy as I can see a lot of people like to visit this section (not as noisy as Fantasia mind). It's my 60 days tomorrow so I will attempt to check in 🤞.
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Hi there

Thank you for all that info very helpful 😊. Yes we are in a Preferred Room and my DD would love to stay in Block 9 with Woody. I would, if possible, like to stay the end nearest the lobby (which I'm sure a lot would). I was wondering whether if we were lucky enough to be 'inside' the room whether it would be noisy as I can see a lot of people like to visit this section (not as noisy as Fantasia mind). It's my 60 days tomorrow so I will attempt to check in 🤞.
Defintely not as noisy as Fantasia facing the pool (during the day they have loud music at the pool), you do get some people hanging round there having photos taken especially by the toy story car just outside the entrance to andys room where all the little children like to sit in the car, I'd say that area is more likely to be noisy rather than in andys room. We walked through there a lot and it was never overly loud. It's a great location, if you're lucky enough to get a room in there you'll love it 😊.

If you've booked direct with Disney you could call them and ask them to put a request for andys room on the booking.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Good morning

Unfortunately I booked with Thomson (never again for various reasons) however I'm going to (if I can), ask for Andy's room when I check in online - would there be a comments section to add that to? (Getting ahead of myself I thought my 60 days was today, it's tomorrow). It's strange how so many people are attracted to the Toy Story section - I guess we are all big kids after all 😊.
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Unfortunately there isn't a comments option, but you could ring Thomson and ask them to add the request on to the booking.

Or (or as well as) you could subscribe to touringplans.com it's about $15 and go on to their room finder for all star moves and you click on the building then you can click on each individual room to see what the view is and after you've chosen your room select the option for them to send a fax request for that room on your behalf (you can view each room view without subscribing... it's quite addictive 😊 But need to subscribe for them to send the fax). We did it last year and we got almost but not quite what we wanted, I know plenty of others get the exact area they have requested though by doing this. Worth a try.

I think toy story is the most popular section 😊 even my 19 year old wanted to be in andys room.

Edited at 09:18 AM.
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

I will take a look at that thank you. Thomson told me I can put a request in 2 weeks before we go so I'll ask them too.