Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

How long does getting of the Eurostar take?

Hi all,

can anyone tell me from their experience how long it takes to get off the Eurostar and through border control once back in London? I need to sort my train home to Sheffield but not sure how long to give us. Thank you!
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's a 'how long is a piece of string?' question. Getting through the immigration process is usually quite quick, but now there is increased security and random double-checks which can slow everything down. Last week it took me an hour from disembarking the train to getting out onto the station concourse. Other times it's just a matter of minutes. So much of the security is affected by whatever else may be happening with terrorism, illegal immigration etc. In the present circumstances, border officials are being extra vigilant.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

We came home on Eurostar Sunday... we were in our car within 15 mins of getting off the train. We were one of the first few groups off the train though. I guess queues behind us got longer.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

It normally takes us about 30 minutes from getting off the train to getting out to the underground. We've done it in 15 before but also had one time it took 90 minutes so I'd err on the side of caution if it's a non-refundable train you are booking.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

May Half Term the train was full it took us 1hour from the train getting in to us getting in a taxi. We were in the middle of the train. I hope this helps
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I Usually allow two hours between getting off the train and our train home departure from kings cross.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
You go through passport control etc. in France though, don't you? Once back in England you just get off the train and leave, just as if you were getting off a British train... Or at last that's how it was on the indirect train, maybe direct is different?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all! Might be best to just spend the extra and buy an open return
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
You go through passport control etc. in France though, don't you? Once back in England you just get off the train and leave, just as if you were getting off a British train... Or at last that's how it was on the indirect train, maybe direct is different?
I'm not sure Tinkjon, this my first time using the Eurostar. I used to fly so I'm just going by how it is coming back when you go through the quick counter if you're a resident and show your passport quickly.
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We were in carriage 17 last week, so one of the farthest to walk. There was a small queue through passport control but it maybe took us 30 mins in total to get out into St Pancras. We wondered if there would be passport control because there isn't when arriving in France, but there definitely was when we came back in.
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List