Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jun 17, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That's really poor! Definitely complain further and escalate it.

I really hope you get it resolved
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
shocking service - flight changes and associated seat changes are an inconvenience but we all know that planes sometimes need to be changed, especially when you've booked so far in advance. However, as for the hotel and resort change that is totally unacceptable, especially as you made your booking so long ago.

Make as much fuss as you can and don't accept what you are not happy with. I really hope you manage to sort something out to your satisfaction.
Old 23 Jun 17, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I would be cancelling whole holiday and choose your own, something will be available am sure, this is unreasonable amount of change to what you purchased - not acceptable!

I hope you can sort it out.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I would be fuming, don't accept it, surely you one of the first ones booked in if you booked last year, keep us posted.
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Can you cancel it, and maybe book your own flights and a hotel or villa and get something that you want rather than their poor offer. I know it's short notice but could be done. People on here would help price up flights and hotels I'm sure if it helps.
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Not very good customer service I must say.

The flight time changes do happen and I would accept that, operational isues and aircraft being re positioned is a hazard we live with.
But the Hotel being 'overbooked' is not your fault and is firmly in Thomas Cooks domain and they are contracted to that hotel for a service to be provided.
Being the cynic I am I suspect they have messed up not the hotel owners.

Personally I would cancel the entire holiday and get the per person compensation off TC you are entitled to.
Now that will probably mean you wont be going as planned but if you do accept the alternative it will prey on your mind and probably ruin the trip.
I hope you get a resolution that suits you.
Absolutely this. As usual sound advice from Mr TM. As disappointing as it seems, this is really your best option. Keep calm and stick to your guns.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would be cancelling out of principle. You'd surely be entitled to a full refund as it's not the holiday you booked.
Then get somewhere last minute!
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Have you tried the hotel direct have they got their own website can you see any availability on it, maybe to use as leverage
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. If TC dont sort you out today my experience may help you decide.

Way back in 2006 we decided to grab a cheapie week in Orlando and that was the 3rd trip of the year.
Booked with Airtours, dirt cheap. Flight and Omni Hotel
3 months later told we are flying with XL airlines
1 month before we fly XL go bust
Stress levels rising!
1 week before we fly told we are being moved by 1 day and now flying with Thomson.

By now I knew the whole holiday was doomed and it would drive nails into me thinking what will happen next!

I rang up and cancelled which they seemed pleased about, until I said I also wanted the £50 each compensation as per their T & C's!

Repaid in 24 hours, booked DIY for 8 nights not 7. Better hotel and only cost me £100 more and that was flying with VA as well!

I reach a stage when I am messed about that I bail out and restart the process.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

ive just had similar with thomas cook

3 flight time changes a change of airline and finally a hotel refurb which meant we couldnt fit in the hotel rooms

i have to say though they were really good and changed our hotels from 3* to now 4* and they paid the difference gave us meals on the plane and extra luggage

surely there must be other hotels in the area that you want to stay where they could accommodate you? if your not happy then keep on at them

em