Old 13 Oct 08, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Cruising the Caribbean - Day seven - Labadee, Haiti

October 2nd 2008

Sunrise was around 6.30 this morning ( The times changed every day due to us moving about!)
Pics of the sunrise aren't that great today, due to the fact that everytime I left the inside of the ship with the a/c , to go outside, the lense would steam up.. After just waking up 10mins prior, my eyes were half shut and I hadn't noticed it! Woops!

It was behind the ship this morning.

Me messing around...

It was , once again, a beautiful dawn.

Went and grabbed myself some milk from a very empty Royal Promenade.

Docking into Labadee was around 8am, before that we went to the windjammer and grabbed some brekkie to bring back to the room. I had one full of carbs. 2 yummy American Biscuits, bagel and some toast.

Land was coming into view.

Pirates of the Caribbean! ( Maybe even literally, it is Haiti after all!)

We did dock smack bang on 8am and the first tender was 8.30. ( I think!)

We got the 2nd tender across. Wanted to spend quite a while in Labadee. It was forcast to be the hottest day of the trip , at 94f. Phwoaar!

Continued below...
Old 13 Oct 08, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Royal Caribbean advertise Labadee as an Island - it's not, it's a Penninsula!

This picture was taken from my sun lounger - Oh yeah baby!

I went for a paddle , it was crystal clear and like bath water! Absolutely full of amazing, huge shells.

I had a walk around the place. As much as I loved St Maarten ( I still love it more than any place I visited) - Labadee is what I would call, Paradise.. Not a care in the world. This place is so picturesque and just , gorgeous in every way!

I'm really looking forward to visiting Royal Caribbean's other private island ( This one's a penninsula remember!) - CocoCay , next May! See if it's the same, looks it on pictures!

I had an amazing , non-alcoholic cocktail, a Labadoozie.

Continued below...
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
The ship took enough food off the ship and prepared it on the island (lol) for the passengers, we didn't try it, we wanted to get back on board for something else!

Back onboard after just a few hours, it was extremely hot.

Eeeeeeeee as you can see , the food is defo now showing on the gut!

As the ship was still half empty, we decided to try Johnny Rockets.

Had to wait about 10mins for a table inside, didn't fancy it outside.

Our server sat us down, and brought over straight away some Fries and onion rings, which were both piping hot. He then went onto put a smiley face out of ketchup on a plate. He was extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for us. ( The waiter that is, not the ketchup face!)

We ordered our burgers, I ordered the original. We somehow managed to finish off 3 bowls of Fries and 3 bowls of onion rings between us, woops!

I couldn't even get my big gob around this thing, ended up taking the meat off! ( Gorgeous though!)

The waiter insisted we try one of the desserts, my Nan said no.. and as full as I was ( I mean feeling sick full!) , I said yep sure go for it.. I'll have the Oreo sunday. ( It's a $3.95 surcharge for Johnny Rockets, wanted my moneys worth lol)

I managed half of it, forcing myself to eat that, it was soooooo gorgeous! If there was a next time ( Which there is in May, there is one on the Monarch of the seas!) I think I'd just have this.

All the waiters danced a few times whilst we were in there, it was hilarious.

We then WADDLED ( I kid you not!) to the dining room to check out tonight's menu.

Continued below...
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews

4.30ish swung around very quickly and it was set sail time - the next land we were to see was , Florida.

We kicked up some dust.

Bye byeeeee paradise!

Tonights show was at 7pm, as was Sunset! It was pretty cloudy out , so I didn't go see it. Shock horror, I know.

We came out of the show , to see on deck four, the most amazing electrical storm , I've ever seen.

When we were at sea at night, you can't see a thing - so when the whole sky lit up and bolts of lightning hit the sea, it was spectacular!(sp?)

Whilst we were watching, we thought we were being stalked by some bats swooping around.. these later turned out to be something else.. More details later...

Time hit 8.30 and I really didn't fancy going to dinner , I wanted to watch the storm ( Plus I was still mega full from the rockets!) - but we did. Only had 2 more meals with our fab friends from the UK.

Mushroom soup was to start.

Followed by my usual adventurous(sp?) Black Angus top sirloin!

Dessert was absolutely bloody gorgeous! Coconut Creme brulee.. It put Le celliers Maple Creme Brulee to shame! ( I'd of had two if I hadn't of been so full lol)

After dinner , there was a game show in Studio B. ( The Ice skating arena) - It was called The Quest. OMG , I have never had so much fun or laughed as much as I did tonight! The cruise director hosted it , and the room was split into several teams. From each team , there was a lady and a man ( We had to Mexicans who couldnt speak a word of English , so they kept getting things wrong lol) - The cruise director would then ask for one lady or one man to bring him , for example, a set of false teeth, a rock, a piece of fruit.. the list is endless. There was also group tasks.. Like build a pyramid, which our table mates literally jumped over the barrier to take part in! Another was , he asked for a pair of mans trousers and shirt from each group.. Dear god, 60% of the men in the room took 'em off! ( I didn't , for the record)
Also for a ladies bra.. They were being whipped off everywhere.. LOL!

Continued below...
Old 13 Oct 08, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
The last task was... For a man from each group to wear a ladies bra, lipstick and a handbag. Some thought get down to their boxers too, unless they just liked flashing! ( Maybe they went to the nude beach in St Maarten? lol)

After the most hilarious time in there, it was late and time for bed, but not before a visit to deck 12. We got up there and WOW! We were greeted with, literally thousands of birds! All over the ship. Apparantly they were migrating. The things we saw before, were the birds , and not bats. It was an amazing thing to see. We had stow away's!

We went down to Deck 5 to Sorrent's pizza , just for a drink.. but the pizza looked so nice I had to have some.. ( Despite being full lol) - I had a coconut macaroon too, yum..

Got back to deck 10 to discover we had several birds flying around.. LOL.

Once at the room we discovered we had a non-flying animal.. a Frog!

As I did every night, I went to the balcony every time we got into the room. I walked out and nearly had a little accident, a bird flapped from above the door into my face..! I screamed and managed to get in and shut the door.. Nearly had a real animal on my bed! LOL.

The attacker.

After another fantastic day onboard and ashore.. it was now bedtime. Tomorrow - Sea day , before Miami.
Old 13 Oct 08, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

Wow another fantastic day. Labadee looks amazing.Love the piccie of you holding the sun,very arty and soooooooo much food,lol
Old 13 Oct 08, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I see you're in full cruise mode now - checking out the next menu straight after getting up from a good scoff! Great pics - hope that little bird got off OK!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 08, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I've only just caught up with your Trip Report Ste and read all of these in one hit, wow what a fantastic time you had!

Just love the sunset pictures , the ship looks amazing and as for the food... !

My DH has been trying to get me on a cruise for some time and I must say I'm tempted after seeing your pics, I must show him tonight as he loves looking at food pictures!

You haven't mentioned how your Nan was enjoying herself? Did she love it too?

Diane x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 08, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
what another excellent day ste, i bet you can't wait for your next adventure next year Labadee does look like paradise, I can just imagine lying on that beach myself

More amazing pictures, I love the first one with the sunrise and the one with the sunrise between your fingers
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 08, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Another fantastic report with beautiful photos.

The coconut creme brulee sounds delish.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List