Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 15, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess_mummy
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Miami or Fort Lauderdale

Hi - looking for advice opinions please. We are flying into Miami next March and wanted to spend some time by the coast before traveling to orlando.
My 2 DD's will be 6 and 8, and not sure where the best place to stay would be? What there is to do ?I have started looking at some hotels in Miami and they are $$$$. We were meant to stay in Fort Lauderdale in 2005, however our accommodation had been damaged due to hurricane wilma.

Reading some information about miami I'm now a little anxious?
Any advice would be most welcome.
Princess_mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Personally we hate Miami and find it a horrible place. What about a trip down the keys for a day or two?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
LindsayCat
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We plan to stay a night or two in Fort Lauderdale as the girls want to visit Barbie's Dreamhouse in the mall there!
LindsayCat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked into Fort Lauderdale right on beach. Thanks for tip about dream house, as dd will love that!
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We looked at Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Vero beach.

We go in 6 weeks and I still haven't decided which one yet!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We looked at Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Vero beach.

We go in 6 weeks and I still haven't decided which one yet!
So glad its not just me. I have bus tickets booked for Miami, but due to the cost of hotels, I'm not sure I'm going or not or which part to stay in, if I do. Then, as we are going for 10 nights, wondering if we should just do Orlando anyway I just cant make my mind up

We did fort Lauderdale in 2011 and the beach looked lovely, but didn't get on it as a storm was brewing. Sawgrass mills was nice

Edited at 12:43 PM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Fort Lauderdale in 2013, fab hotel at the beach, Atlantic Beach hotel. Beach is lovely, but you do have to drive everywhere. Not s problem for us, everything was easy to drive to. Nice mall 5mins from the beach, Sawgrass about 4mins away. Had a great time.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 15, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

No experience of either but we had the same decision to make when planning and are staying in Fort Lauderdale on Friday and Saturday night. Similar thoughts about the price of Miami hotels pushed me that way and the more research I have done I think its a good choice. We are staying at a Doubletree which has its own water taxi stop which we plan to use to get around. We effectively only have one day there but just plan on a chill and haven't got any definite plans. Will try and update with how we find it as soon as possible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 15, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Libandarchie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We are going in 5 weeks to Miami for 4 nights before we travel up the Gulf Coast to Orlando. After hours of looking on the internet and trying to decide between Miami or Fort Lauderdale we have decided on Lago Mar Resort in Fort Lauderdale. It has pools and on the beach and you get breakfast and it has been recommended by a few Dibbers. We are going up to Palm Beach one day and Boca Raton to watch the turtles being released at Gumbo Limbo, Sawgrass Mills one day and Miami for one day going on the Pirate Duck tour (got it cheap on Livingsocial). I figure that it is a good mix between chilling with your jetlag on a beach and some activities. My kids are 8 and 11.
Libandarchie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 15, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread