Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 15, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile boat ride in clearwater

We've booked 2 nights in clearwater and the kids are wanting to see winter the dolphin and do a boat ride to see the dolphins. We'll be there third week in August so are we better off prebooking these activities?
Also are we better doing the little toot boat or the speed boat, three kids are 10,7 and 1.
Any other recommendations for restaurants or things to do? When we stayed previously in 2001 we couldn't find any restaurants near the hilton and ended up getting room service.
Old 22 Jun 15, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

We're going to Crabby Bills which I think is near the Hilton. You can check the menu online to see if it's something you'd like.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 15, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

We prefer the little toot as the boat is smaller so everybody gets a good view of those Dolphins! I know a lot of people prefer the seascreamer but we just didn't like it as we couldn't see a thing . The Clearwater aquarium also have boat trips but not sure what you get as part of the trip.

It will be busy in August and more so at the weekend, the aquarium in particular seems to be busy all the time so might be worth pre booking your tickets for there (if you can) or go early.

I would say unless your going at the weekend you should be fine to just turn up early and pay on the day for either of the boat trips.

Clearwater has changed considerably since you were last there, I preferred it back then but it's still a great place to visit.

Lots of restaurants nearby to the hilton and within short walking distance. As mentioned crabby bills is almost opposite the hotel, I don't eat fish so never been but it's very popular.

Our favourite places are the clearskies which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel, basically come out and turn left. Further down the street is frenchys Rockaway and the Palm pavilion, we prefer frenchys but both are on the beach and you'll get a cracking view of the sunset from them. Clearskies do a nice breakfast too, you'll find menus for them all online.

HTH.
Old 23 Jun 15, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks, will look at the menus online which I love to do.
Think we might go for little toot although sure DS who is 10 would prefer the speedier one!
Old 23 Jun 15, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

We planned little tooth, had vouchers off website but when we got there the next 1 was 2hrs, sea screamer was only 20 mins so we did that instead and loved it, saw loads of dolphins jumping along side the boat
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I didn't know which one to choose either, but with boys of 11&9, I decided to go for Sea Screamer in the end.

This was in mid August, I wandered along the beach in the morning to book the trip for later that afternoon, there was no problem with booking, it was fairly empty when I booked although there were quite a few on it when the time came.

We saw a few dolphins, but the boys loved the speed of the boat.

There are some photos in my trippy which you can find in the link below if you wanted a peep We were in Clearwater for a week, there some photos of the places we went to eat and other things we did too
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks JoJo, I read your TR and really enjoyed it as I had been so unsure about booking clearwater. Think I might go and read it again though, I remember you didn't enjoy the Italians.
Old 23 Jun 15, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Little Toot.
Very relaxing and great views of the Rich People's mansions with good narrative from the captain..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Mobile

I was looking at going to clearwater for a day trip and have a boat trip on littke toot would you do it for a day trip or is it too far
Old 23 Jun 15, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

We stayed a night at the Hilton last August. We ate at Crabby Bills (dinner) and went across the road from the Hilton and ate breakfast at the Beach Shanty.

Went to Clearwater Aquarium to see Winter and Hope. Managed to find a coupon book in Walmarts which had some great discounts and saved a fortune going into the aquarium. We also took the ferry over to the other part of Clearwater Aquarium and caught the tram back. The main car park was packed, but we managed to get into the overflow car park.

We also took a trip on Little Toot and loved it. We didn't book, just turned up. We did have a look at Seascreamer, but preferred the look of Little Toot, not crowded and where you sit, it has a roof over it, so great protection from the glare of the sun.

I'm sure whichever you chose, you'll have a fab time. When we visit Clearwater again, I'm sure we'll try Seascreamer.