Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 May 16, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bobcat12 View Post
Hi, Thanks for that. We have been to 'Horseworld' twice, which I belive has closed down now, last time in 2013 it was not that great anyway, so looking forward to this!
It's good fun. A basic and 'relaxed' style trek. You won't be cantering or jumping over logs or anything. The horses just amble along in single file, with a guide at the front and back of the line. I don't know your riding ability...particularly if you've done it at least a few times before...but this is suitable for starter riders. The trek itself is pleasant for experienced riders too...but there are no exciting riding techniques being utilised. I grew up with horses and having lessons, so it feels a little slow for me, but I do love just looking around and seeing what wildlife I can spot and I almost forget I'm on the horse. If you want a more relaxing experience, then you should enjoy this.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 16, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I wish they did something for experienced riders. I think I would find this a bit too boring sadly. And my OH is scared of horses so it's a no go for us
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Did the trail ride at Fort Wilderness with my daughter years ago but still have very fond, vivid memories of it. Lots of wildlife to see, including deer. Really worth doing, but as Vickie said - a bit saddle-sore at the end!
Old 6 May 16, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
nickmad
Trying for More Ears

We do this every time we are at WDW. Always a nice relaxing trek through the woods and often wildlife to see. The horses are very well behaved and immaculate - I do not think they would ever have seen any dirt to roll in.
nickmad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 16, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I want to do this in Nov but after my spectacular failure at learning how to ride a bike, didn't think I could manage to actually stay on a horse !

I might give it a go now I've read this thread.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 16, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I wouldn't mind the horse thing, but it'd need to be a Clydesdale to take my weight
John is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gingababe
Very Serious Dibber

I fancy taking my girls ... I have ridden when I was younger & both my girls ride every week sometimes a couple of times a week ... do they correct our riding style as I know from friends when they came over laughing at us ride their rising style is different
gingababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gingababe View Post
I fancy taking my girls ... I have ridden when I was younger & both my girls ride every week sometimes a couple of times a week ... do they correct our riding style as I know from friends when they came over laughing at us ride their rising style is different
If they're seasoned riders they might well be bored. Basically it's siting on a horse and ambling along a trail, it never moves fast enough that any kind of riding style come into play. It's suitable for complete novices.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

My adult daughter and 10yr old granddaughter did this July 2016 and enjoyed the experience but it was as previous poster described. They were the only experienced riders on a full session and also wished they could have had better interaction with the horses and staff before and after the trail. Hard hats provided and you must have closed toe footwear. Booked by phone April and paid total $90 ish on the day🐴
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gingababe
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
If they're seasoned riders they might well be bored. Basically it's siting on a horse and ambling along a trail, it never moves fast enough that any kind of riding style come into play. It's suitable for complete novices.

Thanks.. hmmm food for thought ...
gingababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List