Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Jun 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Our Very First Trip With Our Little Girl

Back last night. Mini trip report. Excuse my photo spam!
We stayed in the Premier Inn St Pancras before our 0540am Eurostar to Paris the next morning. Nice hotel, lovely dinner although they ran out of high chairs...

Eurostar check in in the morning was super easy and the staff were really helpful. Little lady didn't even have to get out of her pushchair. Found our seats easily and Eden slept the whole way.

Changing at Gare Du Nord was relatively simple on the way there. RER was fine but couldn't get to any seats as they were all up or down stairs so we had to hang out in the gangway with the buggy. Joy.

We got to the Santa Fe at about 11am and our room was ready. They offered us breakfast in the park the next morning so we took that. Went to the room and dropped everything off and freshened up. We then dropped into Earl of Sandwich. LOVE those sandwiches!
Headed into the park and bought photo pass before going on It's A Small World. Then Princess Pavilion which was at a 60 min wait. We met Aurora, who was lovely. We then went and got a spot for the Anna and Elsa Royal Welcome, which was nice enough. Wait time to meet Mickey Mouse was advertised at 30 mins but was more like 45 mins in the world's hottest queue area. We ate at McDonald's and then went back to the hotel for the night.

Next day we had breakfast in the Pinnochio restaurant. On the way into the park we met Chip and Dale and Donald Duck. Eden was dressed as Jessie from Toy Story but sicked all down her outfit so that didn't last long! We headed to the studios and Eden and I went for a wander while Amy rode Tower of Terror with a 15 minute wait. Eden had a nap so Amy went in to meet Spider-Man with a 20 min wait. We then had a little walk through Toy Story land and through the Ratatouille bit before Eden woke up so we caught the Disney Junior show. Didn't really enjoy this. It's not very up to date and the amount of adults pushing and acting like Neanderthals was amazing. Saw Rapunzel and Flynn but they'd already cut their line off! Eden got a Belle dress. We went back to the main park, queued up in the Princess Pavilion again (45 mins) and met Snow White.

We got a spot for the parade near Small World and watched that go by. I really enjoyed the parade and where we were wasn't so crowded. We managed to get a spot only about 15 mins before it started right by the ropes. And that was obviously without pushing anyone out of the way...

After the parade we walked to the theatre and caught the last Frozen singalong of the day. I loved this! And it helped that the theatre was so lovely and cool. I bought an Olaf slushie.

After that we had McDonald's (yup - again!) and headed back to the hotel for the evening. Eden wasn't very well that night and was running a little temperature, so we stayed in with calpol and cuddles.
Wednesday we had breakfast at cafe Mickey. We had called that morning and tried to cancel, but they told us that if we cancelled they would charge the €17 each to our room. Even though we had only had about two hours sleep thanks to poorly baby, we headed out. I have to be honest and say I hated cafe Mickey. The food was cold (even the food that was supposed to be hot) the staff were rude and the whole place was just so outdated. The character interaction was pretty good - we saw Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Tigger and Rabbit. I would say you get better interaction in the park, though. I personally wouldn't pay for it again.

After breakfast we went back to the hotel for a couple of hours nap. Eden still wasn't feeling well, so we wanted to take it easy on her. We all napped for about two hours and she woke up in a much better mood and seemed to be feeling better, which was good. We headed into the park and watched Jedi training whilst having lunch. I had the Jedi burger and Amy had the Darth Vador burger. Both were yummy. We went to the pavilion (60 mins wait) and Eden napped in her carrier in the queue before we met Rapunzel. We then walked round to "Le Pays De Contes Fees" which Eden loved. We then had a wander through Adventureland and met the Genie. I had a Pineapple Whip which was super yummy - even if Eden did keep trying to steal it! We headed back to the hotel with the plan of coming out again for Dreams, but little girl still wasn't feeling amazing so we decided to stay in.

Thursday we had breakfast in the hotel. Nice and quiet at 7am. We then headed straight into the park with Eden dressed as Daisy Duck. We had so much fun meeting and greeting with Mickey and Minnie and got some absolutely gorgeous photo pass pics from this. We then met Donald, Pluto and Goofy before going on Snow White's Scary Adventure. We had a wander around the park while Eden had her nap and once she woke up we had planned to go on Haunted Mansion, which is listed as no height requirement. Unfortunately the CM at the gate felt Eden was too little, so we stopped at the nearby restaurant for chicken nuggets and chips instead. On the way back to civilisation we saw Balloo and King Louie.

We saw Jafar and Genie but weren't too bothered about meeting them as we thought Eden might be scared of Jafar... Or maybe I was scared. We also saw Smee, Hook and Wendy. We headed through to Fantasyland and met Alice and the Red Queen, followed by Winnie the Pooh. We then queued for about 45 minutes to meet Tiana and Naveen. Naveen was amazing and so funny, but Tiana seemed to be a bit flat and clearly was not a baby person. We headed back to the hotel for naps as we were determined to make Dreams tonight! Thankfully an uninterrupted nap did Eden well and we made it out for Dreams. We were back in the park by about 930 and got a great spot behind the disabled area. Dreams was gorgeous and we walked back to the hotel and pretty much face planted in bed!

Friday was our last day and we had every intention of early breakfast and extra magic hours before checking out, but it just did not happen! We got all our bags packed up and raced out of the room at about 1030, dropping our bags into the baggage room on the way out. We headed into the park (via earl of sandwich) and Eden napped while Amy went on Space Mountain (5 min wait). We then went on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, which was about a ten minute wait. We went back to the Pavilion and queued for about 40 minutes and met Belle. Eden was wearing a froofy Minnie dress so we hunted down Minnie Mouse and had a great meet and greet with her.

We then walked over to the studios and rode the tram tour between ever increasing bouts of rain and thunder. Most of the main park's outside rides were closed at this point because of lightening warnings. We queued ten minutes for the team tour and DAMN is that ride outdated?! Dull! I mean catastrophe canyon is great but the rest is a bit of a snore fest.

We had McDonald's in the village, went back to the hotel and realised that I had left a backpack in McDonald's! I called them and they told me it was still there and they would hold it for me, so we went back straight away (with all our other stuff now too!) and Amy and Eden waited by the station while I ran to McDonald's in the pouring rain. I got the backpack and we got back on the train to Gare Du Nord. This was easy enough on the way out there but the way back was a pain in the butt. There is just NO signage between the metro and the Eurostar. And dragging one pram, three cases, two backpacks and a baby up a flight of stairs is not good.

Anyway we made the train and Eden played the whole way before falling to sleep about ten minutes before we arrived in London.
We had an awesome holiday with only a couple of lows. I wouldn't ever do Cafe Mickey again and I did have €10 stolen from our room, which we did report to the manager and I will be following up with guest services. But that's about making them aware so that they can do something about it.

I totally underestimated how much food would cost. We spent the vast majority of our money on food and didn't have any table service meals. I think next time we go we might get half board maybe. The quick service stuff is good quality and big enough portions, but with a bottle of Coke costing €4 or so in the park it's a bit of a shocker.

The best thing we did was buy photo pass. Apparently it's cheaper in advance but we paid €59.99 in the park and got 130 photos! Worth every single penny! Some of the photographers are absolutely fantastic and we have some great pics.

I loved that the park was so baby friendly and all the cast members made a massive fuss of Eden. She had a wonderful time and it was all because of the people there. The baby care centre in the main park is AMAZING! Loved it. The studios one was just ok.

With regard to queues, everything except princess pavilion was short. What I learnt about the pavilion is that if you want to meet a princess, you have to queue. But the queue is air conditioned and does move fairly fast. It's just a case of occupying yourself and any kids. Those were some of my favourite meet and greets though.

Smokers in the park wasn't as big a problem as I thought. I can imagine in high season it's probably a lot worse. The night we waited for dreams was probably the worst for it. It seemed everyone was smoking and no one cared about who was around them. It's a shame people can't be more compassionate. We also didn't come across much pushing and shoving and what we did some across seemed to be British people unfortunately which made me very sad. A woman in the Tiana queue was absolutely disgusting to a CM with regards to those with disability passes being allowed to go first. She really made me ashamed to be human.

Also we took our lillebaby carrier as well as the pushchair and it was SO useful for queues and for Dreams.

Can't wait for our next trip. Not sure when, but I know we'll be back. I'm thinking maybe Paris again when she is 1, followed by Cali before she is two. Then we'll look at Florida around when she is 3 :-)

Edited at 03:26 AM.
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzyDisneyMum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow, your daughter is so cute I love all of her outfits. Sounds like you packed so much in to your few days. I agree with you about Cafe Mickey, it's definitely not the same as it was.
DizzyDisneyMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Such precious photos and memories to have of her first visit to Disney, loved her Woody and Minnie outfits and despite Eden being off colour you certainly seemed to have packed a lot in. Thanks for sharing
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

Thanks for reading! We certainly did get a lot done, but I'm glad she got all of her naps and stuff as well. We didn't take it at a massively fast pace.

Turns out her being off colour was her first tooth! Great timing, kiddo!
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fab, pics are fantastic too xxx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 16, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Awww the first trip with little ones is just so magical. Thanks for trip report.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 16, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great photos
candycat75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

My sister's name is Eden! Beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. Even with her first tooth coming in, she's so happy and smiley!
That first photo of her and Mickey is adorable! We've been debating about Cafe Mickey and think we may skip it. We're not concerned about character meals. Thanks for sharing!
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great trip report and love the pictures. Can I ask where you got most of the photos taken for the photo pass? I've been reading so many reviews about how they are a waste of time and there are no opportunities to have photos taken. I have already purchased mine prior to our trip in August
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 16, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my goodness what a lovely mini report, Eden is so smiley! Gorgeous pics, my favourites are her on the bin in front of the castle and in the froofy Minnie dress with Minnie! Lovely family.
Not taking our son to WDW until 2018, he's 14months now and this is really making me consider a cheeky DLP trip at some point!