Old 19 Sep 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
I do like wentworth garden centre but have heard about the horrendous queues for Santa, why they don’t do a booking option I don’t know! I’ll have a look at elsecar as we went to an Easter bunny one a couple of years ago and the volunteers there do such a fantastic job!
The last time we went it was better as there were two rooms so queues do go down quicker than when we used to go with just one santa... There was talk about them changing it to prebookable timeslots would be so much better, we really like Elsecar, the caretaker at my daughters old school is one of the volunteers on the train, daughter thinks that's quite cool lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Tong garden centre do a really awesome Santa experience and usually have a snow globe too.
Definitely this for kids that age. Mine loved it the last couple of years (the current Santa set up is only a few years old). If you managed (they sell out quick) to get a early or late booking you could combine it with Grasshoppers the indoor/outdoor soft play/adventure play (also pre-bookable) and lunch. With the displays to look at aswell you could easy make a day of it making any journey worthwhile.

Last year the snow globe was where they’ve expanded Grasshoppers into but it’s been in other areas before so they may still get it in somewhere!
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

When my kids were little we did the Santa train at Kirklees light railway.
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Santa's Grotto in Ingleborough Cave is lovely, a bit different to the normal grottos as you have a nature walk with it and then you're led by elves through the caves. Miss doing things like this now the children are older!
Another good day out is the Grassington Dickensian Christmas Fair - this gets really busy so I would recommend getting there early.
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I love the panto’s in Rotherham 😁 The Civic is a lovely theatre.

We loved taking our boys to Sundown when they were young.

We also loved taking them for a nice long walk through Anston Woods tiring them out hot chocolate and cookies and a games night. Didn’t cost a thing but always a lovely day spent with the kids, I really miss it 😕 Now they are grown up and I don’t need to run them ragged to tire them out!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Lotherton hall near Leeds is lovely- we went with kids a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Very reasonable too.