Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
We can agree its supply and demand and that is going to drive up prices.

We clearly are on a different page on what is unfettered and unhealthy capitalism and opportunism at the expense of someone in a desperate situation vs what is moral and responsible capitalism.

Once upon a time airlines and Travel Agents used to give out "rescue" deals to people who had lost holidays due to collapses of other businesses.

A few airlines prices haven't sky rocketed -Norwegian being one of them (and goodness knows they need the cash at the moment) others like Virgin literally double their prices within a hour of the announcement.

Another shout out I will give is Forest Holidays said anyone with TC booking for a couple of weeks in September could take up some of their free cabins. Not everyone scraped the barrel like Virgin did and are doing.

If you think no one at Virgin was awake or around at 4am I would suggest that's quite naive.
I am a manager at a worldwide business that is 47 times bigger than Virgin in terms of revenue and trust me next to no one is around at 4am. People that make those decisions anyway

By the way, I apologised for name calling earlier in another thread. Maybe you can do the same for calling me naive? Uncalled for really.

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
I am a manager at a worldwide business that is bigger than Virgin and trust me next to no one is around at 4am. People that make those decisions anyway

By the way, I apologised for name calling earlier in another thread. Maybe you can do the same for calling me naive? Uncalled for really.
You being a manager at x, y and z company has no bearing whatsoever on anything

I an independent software developer and I write these sort of systems for companies and I know how they can and can not behave on their own. The idea they can jump at 3am in the morning by £1k all on their own is laughable The idea they can detect TC went into admin and can just react is laughable. It requires human intervention.

So, No I won't apologies. You are being naive. Maybe you should put on your big boy pants and stop being such a delicate flower.

Edited at 12:57 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Our Virgin flights in May are £1100 more now than when we booked, couldn’t help but check!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Been shopping around and in the end booked a Lufthansa flight, flying with United.
Go out a day earlier than originally, but that actually works out better.
Original TC price was £2664 direct with PE on return. New is £1958 indirect via Newark so saved a bit.

When searching there were lots claiming to be cheaper but most jumped when you went to book, or didn't include baggage so settled a bit but can't complain too much about that price; 652pp and I'll get cashback and DDs APD refunded.
Could have got cheaper but was worth paying a bit more to get better flight times and durations; getting in at midnight or a 20 hour journey not that appealing ;-)

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Hotlush is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List