Old 19 Nov 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Five Fords Fifth Family Floriday Aug 18 - Day 12 - Animal Kingdom, Tuskers House & Whispering Canyon

Sunday 19th August

As usual I was the first to wake up then Scott followed shortly after. Scott went out to get some coffee’s from the food court and I got washed and changed just before the kids woke up.

We had some breakfast in the room well really it was more of a light snack as we had an ADR for Tusker’s House at 10.30am. We just needed a little bit of something to keep us going.

We were on our way to Animal Kingdom for 8.30 and we soon arrived at the park. It really surprised us how busy the traffic was entering the park, we really didn’t expect that.

No parking on the front row this morning we had to catch the tram to the entrance today.

Once there we waited a while to get into the park it was so busy and we’d definitely picked the wrong line to stand in, it was moving very slowly.

Animal Kingdom is one of my favourite parks I love the whole feel of this place and it was so good to be back here.

I’d been very good and had resisted watching vlogs about Pandora as I wanted it feel truly new. We followed the crowd and before we knew we were entering this beautiful place.

Stopped for a photopass photo first though

I couldn’t believe my eyes it totally exceeded my expectations, the details were amazing and we were just blown away with it.

We got a return time for Flight of Passage as Hayden had asked to ride this. We had a fast pass for Navi River Journey but we still had some time to wait so we walked around taking in all the lovely views of this place.

After our walk around we went to the river ride which was just so lovely and relaxing. The colours in there were so rich and vibrant and the music was quite catchy too. Could have drifted around in there all day!

It was nearly time for our Tuskers House ADR once we’d finished the ride so we walked over to Africa and arrived just a little ahead of time. Grabbed another photopass pic as we crossed over to Africa!

We checked in and we were called in to our table straight away which was good as we were starting to feel a little peckish.

We were seated right at the back of the restaurant in the corner, it was a littler dark there but was lovely and quiet. It wasn’t long until Daisy came over to say hello.

Then Donald came over to say hi to us all.

After that we went to get some food as we couldn’t see any other characters doing the rounds near our table.

There’s always a good choice of food here, plenty of the usual breakfast favourites with a few more unusual items to try too.

Once we’d sat back down and had eaten some food both Mickey and Goofy came across to visit us.

After they had gone we went back to get another plate of food. We noticed that more lunch type items were now being brought out but we were still able to find some Mickey waffles!

We were well and truly stuffed when we left, we’ve always had a good experience here and we think it’s one of the best character meals.

Our next fast pass was for Kilimanjaro Safari so we only had a short walk up. We were within our fast pass time and more or less walked all the way through to the start of the ride. Just as we got to the end of the path we were ushered through a different gate. This took us straight onto a mobility truck so it really did take no time at all.

Our guide was really good, informative and funny too. We managed to see quite a few animals, we were sat right at the back so we had some good clear views.

No Lion's on this occasion but plenty of Giraffes, Painted dogs, Hippo’s, Elephants and we even managed to spot the Cheetah’s! Love this ride it really does feel so real not that we’ve ever been on a proper safari mind!

I love this part of Animal Kingdom as you walk through the Harambe village, it doesn't feels so different to the usual Disney parks.

We continued with our walk and headed back over to Pandora to ride Flight of Passage as our return time was now open.

Oh my word it was amazing. We weren’t quite sure what to expect but we all agreed it was a fantastic ride unlike anything we’d been on before! We really felt like we were flying! I did wonder whether I’d feel a bit sick on it so I had took some travel sickness tablets earlier that morning. I think it helped having the cold air blowing onto you, either way I was glad to have finally experienced this ride.

Of course we had to take a look around the Pandora shop on our way out.

As usual it felt was so hot in Animal Kingdom. Of course we always keep well hydrated by drinking lots of water but we fancied trying something a little different so we went to Pongu Pongu to sample the speciality drink there called night blossom.

It was quite good but extremely sweet!

We headed out of Pandora over to Asia, we took the path along the river which gives a lovely view of the tree of life.

Scott took Hayden and Jamie on Everest as that was our next fastpass.This is still a ride that Poppy won't entertain which is fine, not all rides are for everyone.

We had a few photopass pics taken as it was Photopass day today. Apparently it meant there were extra photographers in the parks with a few different magic shots opportunities too.

We met back up with the boys who said Everest was just as brilliant as ever. I said the next time that I’d ride with them as I really do love this one..

Walked down to Kali Rapids next to check the wait time but the ride had just gone down. We made use of the restrooms and refilled our water bottles before walking to Dinosaur.

It was really busy there and the wait time was 60 minutes so we decided to give that one a miss.

I think we should've been pointing to the floor

We used a few snack credits on some snacks and soda’s and chilled out for a little while.

Back at Kali Rapids the wait time was 50 minutes as it had reopened.

We managed to get a return time and whilst we waited we had a walk through the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I love both of these walks and it makes for a lovely way to spend an hour.

Our return time for Kali Rapids was now open so we joined the fast pass queue which was very long. It kept moving though and we were soon sat on a raft. We got soaked but we were grateful as today was so hot and the rapids cooled us down a bit. By the time we had walked out of the park we were all dry!

A bit hot today!

Once back at Port Orleans Riverside we all showered and changed then we drove over to the Wilderness Lodge. We noticed a few spots of rain as we arrived there it had been a super hot day and there hadn't been an afternoon storm to cool it down yet.

This resort really is so beautiful I would so love us to stay here.
We had a look around before checking in as we’d arrived 20 minutes early.

Once checked in we were given a buzzer, moments after we’d walked away from the podium the buzzer went off!

We’ve eaten here before a few trips back and whilst the food is nothing really special the kids liked the sound of the menu.
One item that is really good though is the milkshakes!

Of course we had to ask for ketchup!

Our server seemed to be rushed off her feet bless her. Our meal took 2 hours and we didn’t even eat our deserts, we took them out with us as we were so stuffed! Well that was our breakfast sorted for the morning.

Walked outside and realised it was throwing it down with rain. Could see lots of lightning it didn’t look like it would be clearing up anytime soon so we drove back to Riverside instead of going into Magic Kingdom. As we left Wilderness Lodge a deer ran out in front of our car, luckily we’d slowed down.

Back in our room I sorted through some clothes and took a bag of washing down to the launderette. Looked like quite a few other families had had the same idea, there was only one washing machine spare.

I then caught up with my journal whilst the kids caught up with Youtube. I sent Scott down to put the washing into the dryer it was then that I noticed I’d got some more insect bites. I’d put on lots of repellent too but they must have got me when we were walking outside at Wilderness Lodge?

It carried on raining for the rest of the night so I was glad we decided to come back and have a more relaxed night. We didn’t really get to bed any earlier but it was good to have a bit of a chilled evening after a busy day in Animal Kingdom

Thanks for reading
juliab is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

So glad you were blown away with Pandora, and FOP in particular. It really is amazing.

You did loads today and yet from reading about it, it doesn't seem like a rushed day at all. Some nice relaxing time spent wandering around taking it all in.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So glad you were blown away with Pandora, and FOP in particular. It really is amazing.

You did loads today and yet from reading about it, it doesn't seem like a rushed day at all. Some nice relaxing time spent wandering around taking it all in.
Pandora certainly wowed us all, such a beautiful place.

It was quite a chilled day we just took our time and went at a relaxed pace
juliab is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad you enjoyed Pandora and FOP.
We love AK and always try to go at least twice every trip.
Old 19 Apr 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Glad you enjoyed Pandora and FOP.
We love AK and always try to go at least twice every trip.
Pandora and FOP were amazing!
That sounds great we try to do the same too