Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Most travel insurance won’t cover pregnancy after 28 weeks - must have been close.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Not for us ever, but I know people will take the chance for whatever reason. For most that risk will probably pay off, but for others it’s a life changing financial decision possibly!

It also shocks me how late some people leave it to book it! We were sat next to some young guys having breakfast at Gatwick once. They were off skiing that day and trying to sort the insurance over breakfast 😳!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Not in a million years. I also don’t accept the insurance was £4000 - loads of Dibbers go to Florida whilst pregnant and presumably don’t pay that? The GoFundMe page cheeses me off, asking others to pay for their arrogance and stupidity.
Fully agree ! We pay between £450 and £700 for my husband and he has cancer so 4k seems well over the top ! I imagine they didn't get insurance as surely no company would offer any to someone over 24 or so weeks so they thought sod it, if it goes wrong gullible people will pay into a GoFundMe anyway. Absolute idiots.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

No No No idiots it should be compulsory, then something happens to them & they set up a Go Fund me page if you can afford the holiday you can afford insurance
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does that mean baby has right to dual citizenship as well?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
No No No idiots it should be compulsory, then something happens to them & me pagethey set up a Go Fund if you can afford the holiday you can afford insurance
Of course they have
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Never. never. never. Crazy.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Does that mean baby has right to dual citizenship as well?
The child will be an american citizen by virtue of birth and will only hold british citizenship aswell if one parent is British otherwise than by descent so potentially yes a dual citizen but at best will be british by descent.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We used to have a home on a Caribbean island and went frequently to a lovely restaurant. The British couple who ran it were visited on holiday by their son.

There was a robbery at the restaurant and the robber grabbed the lady owner and demanded money, when the son heard the commotion he ran in and confronted the robber, he was shot in the face several times.

He had no insurance and the family had to crowd fund to get him care and get him eventually airlifted to the UK for further treatment and he still requires care several years later. If only he had insurance the same would have happened but the stress and availability of care would have been easier.

Never go away anywhere without it.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Not a chance. “If” the insurance had been £4000 then I wouldn’t have travelled. Simple as that.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List