Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
October 2020?

Hi guys

DW and I are booked for a 10 day holiday at the CBR from early October 2020 with VH, our first time at this hotel. We are on the DDP and will just do Disney this time.

We need to pay the balance early July 2020.

Appreciate still quite a while before but wondering if anyone else has booked early October and thoughts on whether things will be back to something resembling normal by then? I think Disney may be open but not sure whether POTUS will be allowing visitors in by then who have not been tested for the Coronavirus.

Stay well.

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Herbiefish
Proud to wear my Ears

We’re booked for October too (universal, Disney cruise and Disney). Keep wondering the same as you, but I think options are cancel now and lose deposit, or pay balance and see what happens. If flights are cancelled or Disney is still closed then presumably insurance will cover us. I’m trying to not think out it until nearer June when hopefully we’ll know more!
Good luck
Herbiefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Splatt
Gone all Goofy

It may well be open but won’t be back to normal by then - whatever that means, no one knows but Im confident it won’t be the holiday you quite had in mind when you booked. I also think it likely travel restrictions of some kind will be in place again what that means is anyone’s guess but I have vision of needing some kind of Coronavirus certificate etc or even worse some kind of quarantine period that would essentially mean no leisure travel.
More importantly would your insurance cover any Coronavirus related issue, medical or otherwise. If it doesn’t I wouldn’t contemplate going.

Edited at 07:47 AM.
Splatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are booked early Oct too.

If we get to July and things haven’t improved dramatically then I’m quite prepared for the possibility of losing the deposit. It’s just over £1000 so it will be a a bitter pill to swallow but I’d rather lose that than spend weeks of worry trying to get refunds.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List