Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 2 Nov 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Gift for someone who has everything

I am looking for ideas for a Christmas present for a close friend but I am really stuck this year as she is someone who has everything. My friend works away most of the week so anything regarding going away is a no no. She also lives on her own and has a really well paid job and expensive taste to boot! In the past I have bought her photo frames with some special photos in, an experience day at a zoo, jewellery, scarves, mugs, high end cosmetics and a jewellery box. This year I am really struggling for ideas; my budget is around £75. She loves animals but doesn’t have time for any hobbies or activities due to the long hours she works away from home. She doesn’t really like the theatre and is not into Disney at all

Any ideas anyone?
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

I dont know how much it costs but sponsor a guide dog?
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Take her for afternoon tea - there are loads of venues to suit all budgets.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

When you say going away is a no no do you mean overnight or.does she prefers to stay close to home when isn't working. I was going to suggest a spa day, but that may include travel.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
When you say going away is a no no do you mean overnight or.does she prefers to stay close to home when isn't working. I was going to suggest a spa day, but that may include travel.
Yes, as she’s away all week she doesn’t want to travel on her only day off - preferring to be at home.
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes either sponsor an animal or a child in need, or an experience dining, beauty, theatre x
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklepants
slightly serious Dibber

sparklepants's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

A nice perfume - Jo Malone maybe?
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Spa day
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

My family complain that I’m hard to buy for ‘as I have everything’ but I’m really not. A gift bag with a bottle of Prosecco, nice box of chocolates, face mask, lush bath bomb and candle sounds simple but is a great gift. My friend did me a mini version to take away to a hotel as she knew I was away with work just after my birthday and I loved that (mini prosecco, small box from Hotel Chocolate, sachet of hot chocolate, mini pringles, bath bomb, mini bubble bath)

Some nice brands do miniatures that are great for overnight bags i.e. Jo Malone mini perfume sets or This Works sleep spray. I have started taking a reuseable water bottle to hotels as the air con gives me a sore throat and I’m trying to reduce single use plastic (Chilly’s is a nice brand)
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

The best thing to come home to when working away is your own bed!
That and your own shower.

Maybe some soft cashmere/ alpaca wool socks a silk eye mask or silk pillowcase ( supposed to be good for a restful sleep)

Moleskine note books and a smart pen are always nice .

Theatre tickets
Vineyard visit

L’occitane candles, fragrance or soaps .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List