Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 9 Nov 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile Christmas day entertainment

I've been given entertainment officer job this year.

There will be 10 of us. Aged 9 to 75.
Youths are 9,12, 14, 17, 19, 43 😂!

I have so far:
Festive Scattergories
Emoji Christmas song Quiz
Christmas Jigsaw
Christmas gift exchange game instead of crackers
Christmas Drawing Game
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Wink Murder

I also wanted to do a treasure hunt but with a twist. Any ideas. I have a ton of gold/plastic coins and it'll be a good sized house to hide them in. But wanted to make it a bit more exciting. Can't do clues really as too many people. Ideas much appreciated.

Any other ideas. It's going to be a bit of a tough day as a family member will be missing so would like to keep everyone busy.

We are a family who are used to lots of Christmas activities xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Memory tea tray game, select 20 ish random items and get 30 seconds to liok at before covering tray. Get everyone to write down what they remember, timed as well. Person who gets most wins a small prize.

My mum used to fill a small matchbox with items. Took turns to shake/feel it then again, guess number of items in box. It's amazing how many small items you can get in the box!
Buy LRC dice games, left, right and centre, great fun and easy to learn.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Button17 View Post
I've been given entertainment officer job this year.

There will be 10 of us. Aged 9 to 75.
Youths are 9,12, 14, 17, 19, 43 😂!

I have so far:
Festive Scattergories
Emoji Christmas song Quiz
Christmas Jigsaw
Christmas gift exchange game instead of crackers
Christmas Drawing Game
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Wink Murder

I also wanted to do a treasure hunt but with a twist. Any ideas. I have a ton of gold/plastic coins and it'll be a good sized house to hide them in. But wanted to make it a bit more exciting. Can't do clues really as too many people. Ideas much appreciated.

Any other ideas. It's going to be a bit of a tough day as a family member will be missing so would like to keep everyone busy.

We are a family who are used to lots of Christmas activities xx
For your treasure hunt if you don't want to do clues how many matching pictures.

Holly and Ivy etc

We did this for halloween
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We play what we call the hat,coat,scarf game. You need a chocolate bar wrapped up, knife and fork, hat, coat, scarf, gloves and a dice. You take it in turns to roll the dice. If you get a 6 you put all the hat etc on and try to cut up the chocolate bar. Next time a 6 is rolled you take everything off and the other person puts it on. The winner gets to eat the chocolate. It becomes fast paced and fun for all ages. X
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have a massive pass the parcel which we have been doing since the children were small, they are 23 and 21 now and we are still doing it! I have a pre-recorded cassette tape , which I made years ago that has breaks in it so nobody has to stop the music. Its the highlight of the day, causes a great laugh when my 84 year old stepdad gets some undies meant for my DD or such like. We all have a big swap round after we have finished so we all end up with the correct gifts. Over the years it has got bigger and more expensive, but we can't stop now

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Grump$
Excited about Disney

The Jelly Belly Bean Boozled spinning game. There are some nice flavours and some not so nice it's Russian Roulette with jelly beans!
Grump$ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

This might be a controversial suggestion but would everyone mind surrendering their mobiles on arrival? We find everyone joins in more if they’re not checking their phones.

We have fun playing Articulate on our recent family break. We also enjoyed a few games of Monopoly.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
This might be a controversial suggestion but would everyone mind surrendering their mobiles on arrival? We find everyone joins in more if they’re not checking their phones.

We have fun playing Articulate on our recent family break. We also enjoyed a few games of Monopoly.
This is my plan. No mobiles between 11 and 3. One of the adults is worse than the kids. They will be made aware of this well before the day.
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post

The camera part is the hardest part of that. Maybe a compromise is airplane mode?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
The camera part is the hardest part of that. Maybe a compromise is airplane mode?
We’ve done a mobile phone amnesty every Christmas Day for the last few years and go old-school for photos - my sister brings her camera and shares the photos after.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List