Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 22 Jul 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I'd do a monorail cake crawl.
Now this is something I can get on board with (pun intended… I’ll show myself out)
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

We have been over the years ours were growing up. Use the planning took on here and add the park hours at the bottom of each day so you've got a note of alternatives. Even at 15 and 12 with mine August wiped us out. We found a rest in the afternoon at the hotel pool was beneficial. Your investing a chunk of money & want to get value but there's nothing worse than being in the parks and being crabby with each other. A stroller is a good idea , little legs get very tired and its also a great place to put your day out bag etc. I'm sure you will have an amazing time🙂

We have ridden the monorail in the afternoon in the pouring rain as a change from looking around the shops.

Edited at 09:17 AM.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
rach19
Imagineer

rach19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by pinkandfluffy View Post
Something you may want to consider is to book a night in a top Universal hotel, that way you get two days ‘front of line’ passes so you wouldn’t have to queue. The parks will still be busy but you can get most things done between the 2 Universal parks in 2 days. That may be a way of making things easier on the weekend.
Highly recommend doing this. We have done this twice in the past and got lots done. The last time we went to universal we stayed at cabana bay so didn’t qualify for the front of line passes and spent a lot of time in queues. Luckily we we were there for a week so took our time but wouldn’t have been impressed if we only had 2 days.
Cabana bay, gulf coast and Miami Aug 2018
All Star Music and Dolphin split stay Aug/Sept 2022
rach19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
*couple of snips*
Fri: Magic Kingdom (possibly Be Our Guest for breakfast) until we crash.

Fri: Disney Water Park (not decided which yet) until early pm. Epcot late pm (again, if we fancy it)

Sun: A room booked at Loews Royal Pacific. Universal Studios
Currently, Be Our Guest don't do breakfast, just the Prix Fixe menu at lunch and dinner which is a shame, because we liked to traditionally start our hols like that, with a breakfast on the first full day at BoG. Hopefully, with dining plan touted to come back, this may change - BoG breakfast was a fantastic use of a QSDP credit.

Agree with the water park half-day then chill/recharge before hitting a park afterwards (and Epcot is a good choice for this).

Royal Pacific is great, love it there. Your express passes will be valid for both check-in and check-out days, so get there early and get the passes/lanyards sorted, then away and make the most of them (bell-hops will happily store your luggage and mail/text when the room's ready... we didn't end up checking in 'til late afternoon/early evening). Don't bother with the water taxi from the hotel to the park; unless you luck out and wander down as one pulls up, you're quicker just walking to the park, it's a pleasant ten minutes or less.

Harry Potter stuff/areas are awesomely themed.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by rach19 View Post
Highly recommend doing this. We have done this twice in the past and got lots done. The last time we went to universal we stayed at cabana bay so didn’t qualify for the front of line passes and spent a lot of time in queues. Luckily we we were there for a week so took our time but wouldn’t have been impressed if we only had 2 days.
Thank you... yes we've booked a night at Loews Royal Pacific for the passes
Old 15 Aug 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Currently, Be Our Guest don't do breakfast, just the Prix Fixe menu at lunch and dinner which is a shame, because we liked to traditionally start our hols like that, with a breakfast on the first full day at BoG. Hopefully, with dining plan touted to come back, this may change - BoG breakfast was a fantastic use of a QSDP credit.

Agree with the water park half-day then chill/recharge before hitting a park afterwards (and Epcot is a good choice for this).

Royal Pacific is great, love it there. Your express passes will be valid for both check-in and check-out days, so get there early and get the passes/lanyards sorted, then away and make the most of them (bell-hops will happily store your luggage and mail/text when the room's ready... we didn't end up checking in 'til late afternoon/early evening). Don't bother with the water taxi from the hotel to the park; unless you luck out and wander down as one pulls up, you're quicker just walking to the park, it's a pleasant ten minutes or less.

Harry Potter stuff/areas are awesomely themed.
I've since spotted that Be Our Guest don't open for breakfast. We have considered a lunch there but it seems so expensive and I'm not sure worth it (may not be a popular opinion!). We are looking at a few different character breakfast options (I change my mind on average about once a week ).

Thanks for the water taxi tip too. Will remember!
Old 15 Aug 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Universal is a must, but I would not do resort hopping.
Your kids are still young and it will be too much for them I think, alongside the Theme parks. The Heat and the distance walked takes a lot out of you.
We stayed in a villa and the kids enjoyed villa days with the pool as much as the Theme Parks 😎
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Don't move DC to the last week, if you get cancelled because of weather you may not get booked in again before you go home.
Old 2 Sep 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Don't move DC to the last week, if you get cancelled because of weather you may not get booked in again before you go home.
Thank you! I’ve finally booked flights, and we’re now staying an extra 2 nights in Orlando so will now have another look at planning and will remember this! Would be gutted if we couldn’t go.
Old 12 Sep 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

With Our then 4 year old:

Day 1) Travel day then Disney Springs to go Earl of Sandwich
Day 2) Epcot got there for half 9 and left around half 5 then ate at resort
Day 3) AK got there about half 9 abs left around 5.
Day 4) MK got there for 10 and stayed all day and left before the nighttime parade started.
Day 5) DHS got there around 10 and stayed to half 8 as watched the Star Wars fireworks show
Day 6) Had a sleep in and went to Disney Springs for food and to the now closed Disney Quest went back to resort and went to Epcot for dinner and watch the fireworks.
Day 7) Went to TL in the morning and went to MK late afternoon for the night parade.
Day 8) Up very early as had a booking for breakfast at be our guest. Did a couple of attractions then went to Epcot for the food and wine festival.
Day 9) Went to BB in the morning then to DHS in the evening to watch the fireworks
Day 10) Went to Disney Springs then went to MK for the parade and fireworks
Day 11) Went to DHS and watched the Star Wars show again
Day 12) Went to Disney Quest and did a bit of shopping and went to a few former resorts to show our daughter where we stayed in the past.
Day 13) Went to MK all day and left before the parades started
Day 14) Started in DHS and did some of our favourite attractions then got a bus to MK for lunch and ride some of our favourites then got the Monorail to TTC then onto Epcot did some of our favourite attractions. My wife took our daughter back as we knew it was gonna be the last good nights sleep she was gonna get to we were back home and pack while I stayed to 11.
Day 15) No alarm got up about half 9 and went for breakfast on resort and went back to finish packing and to go to reception to wait for our bus to the airport 😞
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List