Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Sep 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lou2972
Excited about Disney

We (dh,dd16 and myself)are spending 5 nights in an all-inclusive hotel in Cyprus in a swing up pool room that we booked 6 weeks ago in the hope it would go ahead and we are SO excited!,
lou2972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Cornwall for us 4 nights in a lodge with a hot tub taking the dog on her first holiday .Looking forward to really relaxing and some old fashioned quality family time - walks ,board games and some nice food .I think uk holidays are extortionate prices but it was either that or nothing until next year
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Booked St Lucia with BA, it was too good a price not to. Only just a bit more than Turkey or Canaries. As with all travel in the last 18 months, won't be getting my hopes up that it will happen!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
Currently looking to book either:

Spain - maybe not warm enough
Portugal - again, maybe not warm enough
Turkey - more of a risky place to go
Lanzarote - really booked up and could be a bit breezy
And the wild card of St Lucia - my unvaccinated kids would need a test when they get there, which is what I wanted to avoid

Discounted:
Cyprus, Italy - too much faff with the vaccine passports in restaurants etc for kids
Dubai - masks while walking round outside put me off, and expensive in half term due to Expo
Canada - kids can't get in
Iceland - my eldest not vaccinated so can't get in
DLP - masks outside again all day
Barbados - testing again when we get there, bit risky
Antigua - can't find hotel for us all and seems a bit locked down at the moment
Mexico and Dom Rep - red but could get off red list soon

Probably left a few options out somewhere!
We were also considering Iceland but are unvaccinated teens (ie who cannot yet be vaccinated) unable to enter?

Need to do some research
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I’m waiting for our Orlando 25th Oct to be cancelled and have booked DLP instead for same date.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
We were also considering Iceland but are unvaccinated teens (ie who cannot yet be vaccinated) unable to enter?

Need to do some research
It's just my 16 year old, children born in 2005 or after are ok. He doesn't want the jab yet
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

I’ve just booked turkey. My dh has always said he wouldn’t go but I’ve managed to convince him👍. I can’t help thinking that the Usa borders will open now😂.
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
It's just my 16 year old, children born in 2005 or after are ok. He doesn't want the jab yet
Thank you.

I've not had chance to research yet - today is the deadline for my final masters dissertation (as you can see I'm procrastinating on the dibb!).

My kids are both born after 2007. Does this mean that we could go to Iceland and not have to take a test prior to coming back to England?

I don't mind if the trip is cancelled before departure - eg if one of us gets covid- as at least we are in England and at home.

My concern is that we have to test while out there and a positive result then requires us to quarantine out there at major expense and time cost.

I suppose this is linked to whether children (teens) who are not vaccinated can benefit from the same ruling as fully vaccinated adults
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Princess Alison

I have booked flights to iceland today for me, hubby and 14 year old over half term returning 1/11. Need to do pcr or rapid antigen 72 hrs before leaving uk to go there (unclear if this is her as well as us but i will just do all three to be sure), a form like uk require for us to come back, and day 2 private lateral flows on return to uk.

grant schapps confirmation re kids coming back into uk
twitter/grantshapps?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

iceland info
island.is/en/p/entry

My reading is as we are both double vac iceland are happy for her to be treated as we are.

I have taken out insurance with staysure which i interpret to cover us if we tested positive and had to cancel before, and added travel disruption cover which was quite pricey because the volcanic erruption from earlier in the year is still active, so just being cautious in case we get an ash cloud situation.

Nervously excited. I had almost given up on this trip.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFussy View Post
Princess Alison

I have booked flights to iceland today for me, hubby and 14 year old over half term returning 1/11. Need to do pcr or rapid antigen 72 hrs before leaving uk to go there (unclear if this is her as well as us but i will just do all three to be sure), a form like uk require for us to come back, and day 2 private lateral flows on return to uk.

grant schapps confirmation re kids coming back into uk
twitter/grantshapps?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

iceland info
island.is/en/p/entry

My reading is as we are both double vac iceland are happy for her to be treated as we are.

I have taken out insurance with staysure which i interpret to cover us if we tested positive and had to cancel before, and added travel disruption cover which was quite pricey because the volcanic erruption from earlier in the year is still active, so just being cautious in case we get an ash cloud situation.

Nervously excited. I had almost given up on this trip.
Gosh this is very helpful, thank you.

The key for me is not having to test in Iceland before returning gone again. That is where the stress would be for me. If that is now not required, then I think this could be a goer!

Well done on getting all that insurance in place - very wise.

I hope you have a wonderful trip 🙂🙂😬