Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It does very much seem like it's not only a Postcode Lottery but also down to how certain GP's view their role and employment.

Ours is based in a totally unsuitable small Terraced House so is a disaster zone to cope during these strange times. But they have done well so there is no reason not to be seen in my view.

I have had a Pneumonia vaccine during the lockdown last year, had my Flu jab, had my Covid vaccine, had my online prescription requests met within 2 to 3 hours, had bloods taken and the Nurse rang me for a chat last week about my blood results.

But I do my bit to support them as well. I do my own BP readings and send them in via letter or E Mail and cut any shuffle not to sit in a waiting room at any time let alone in these still uncertain times.

If they can manage in the dreadful cramped premises mine are in then everybody can manage.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

My mums old doctor was like that before the pandemic, I made her move after my dad died because he was rubbish, couldn’t go home visits when you were ill, but he could always find the way to my parents house if they offered him free use of their Man United tickets if they could not go😡
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My hubby is waiting 20 days just to get a call back from the gp! They will then decide if he’s worth seeing. Good job ankle problems don’t usually result in death!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Well, it is a week tomorrow since I messaged my doctor after I got a letter asking me to arrange an urgent telephone appointment. I have no reply whatsoever, they won’t accept phone calls and Askmygp is showing as ‘no accepting online consultation at the moment’. What am I to do? If this was a private company I was trying to engage the services of I would have gone elsewhere and recommended that others do the same but because they are a GP they are somehow untouchable and beyond criticism by anyone.
Exactly the same as mine. I don’t even know how to contact them anymore.
Crystal ball? Ouija Board?
Old 18 May 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
And right on cue my GP's Nurse rang me an hour ago to book my 2nd jab for next Friday
Exactly 12 weeks to the day and the Oxford one which is what I want.

I cannot fault how my Surgery has performed. All about a 'can do' attitude.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Exactly the same as mine. I don’t even know how to contact them anymore.
Crystal ball? Ouija Board?
I have just about given up. Today there is a message on their webpage saying they will endeavour to deal with urgent appointments within 5 working days. If you feel you need attention before this time call 111 or go to A&E. My message was sent 8 days ago now and nothing.
Maybe I should just rock up at A&E and tell them my GP sent me.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

I must be lucky,

I did an econsult questionnaire on our doctors website last night. Doctor called me at 0910 this morning saw the doctor at 1040 and was also given a blood test by the nurse, back home by 1130

Mind you there were the big signs and barriers at the entrance telling you to keep away unless you had express permission from a Doctor to enter !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I have just about given up. Today there is a message on their webpage saying they will endeavour to deal with urgent appointments within 5 working days. If you feel you need attention before this time call 111 or go to A&E. My message was sent 8 days ago now and nothing.
I’m so so sorry that your Dr’s is like this, totally unacceptable, it sounds like your need is urgent, I’d get my foldable chair & camp outside so when the Drs turn up they see you
Hope you get seen soon
Take care MP ❤️Xxx
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally I'd be putting on a complaint by now to the local PCT
Totally unacceptable
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I’m so so sorry that your Dr’s is like this, totally unacceptable, it sounds like your need is urgent, I’d get my foldable chair & camp outside so when the Drs turn up they see you
Hope you get seen soon
Take care MP ❤️Xxx
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Personally I'd be putting on a complaint by now to the local PCT
Totally unacceptable
Thank you. I am going to ring in the morning and insist that they speak to me. There is a message that they will only speak to people if they do not have a smartphone or internet. I am not going to be fobbed off.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List