Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

If you book to stay at Disney who do you book with?

If any of you that have stayed a few nights on Disney property who have you booked with ?
We tend to book flight separately.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I stayed at GCH in 2018. Booked directly with Disney on their website - which worked out great as they had an offer for a room discount for my dates. There are sites that show the historical discounts offered for the DL hotels, though with COVID-19 I'm not sure how well the historical discounts will predict future discounts.
Old 23 Jun 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
heighho
VIP Dibber

We went in August 2019 and booked our holiday with Virgin and found them excellent. If you look into them, you may need to check if they’re flying from your airport as they reduce the service to LAX.

If you’ve not been before, Disneyland California (the original I may add) is absolutely brilliant. Smaller of course but we enjoyed it just as much as MK. You’ll have a ball.
Old 23 Jun 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Just to say that there are offsite hotels that are closer to the parks than one if not two of the onsite Disneyland hotels - it’s a totally different set up to WDW.

I have stayed onsite and it was amazing but very expensive and we stay offsite always now - and never 10 mins walk from Disneyland - and save a lot of money doing so.

That said another option is DVC points if you have the appetite for that in the current climate.

Edited at 04:49 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Always directly with Disney for us.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We booked our 4/5 nights at the Disneyland Hotel directly with Disney.

The GC was actually slightly cheaper for our nights but we wanted to stay at the OG!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Just to say that there are offsite hotels that are closer to the parks than one if not two of the onsite Disneyland hotels - it’s a totally different set up to WDW.

I have stayed onsite and it was amazing but very expensive and we stay offsite always now - and never 10 mins walk from Disneyland - and save a lot of money doing so.

That said another option is DVC points if you have the appetite for that in the current climate.
Thanks . It’s for a milestone birthday and a first visit so was thinking of Disney for that reason. Was looking at DVC as an option.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
Thanks . It’s for a milestone birthday and a first visit so was thinking of Disney for that reason. Was looking at DVC as an option.
We stayed at the Villas at Grand Californian on our first visit. It was epic.

I’m too tight to pay the grossly over inflated prices when other options are available 😂 My main criteria is being able to walk to parks and I love being able to use DVC for that at WDW. I just (personally) don’t see the value at Disneyland and would rather spend money on other things. But as I say, it was epic when we stayed at the VGC