Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 28 Jun 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Has anyone vlogged?

My 8 year old wants to vlog our trip, I am very happy to do so, even if they don't take off, just so that we have memories but would ideally like recommendations for video cameras?

How many memory cards/spare batteries roughly would we need for a 2 week trip?
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Travel Day videos do very well on YouTube. I love watching them! Easy to film too.

Memory cards are cheap nowadays, just bring as many and as big as you can. A couple of spare batteries are a must too. Maybe a little grip mount they can use with a wrist strap in case it’s dropped.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
Travel Day videos do very well on YouTube. I love watching them! Easy to film too.

Memory cards are cheap nowadays, just bring as many and as big as you can. A couple of spare batteries are a must too. Maybe a little grip mount they can use with a wrist strap in case it’s dropped.
Thank you.

Do you know of any decent cameras? I'm toying between Canon G7X MKII or the Hero9 Go Pro...

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Thank you.

Do you know of any decent cameras? I'm toying between Canon G7X MKII or the Hero9 Go Pro...
We just bought a Sony ZV-1 after looking at online reviews and YouTube videos. Haven’t fully tested it yet but the one thing I would say immediately is that it’s so much heavier than I expected especially when you use the Bluetooth grip. Got to do a bit of working out to get used to it!

If it’s going to be used by a child, I’d say the GoPro might be best as it’s much more rugged.

However, I’m no expert and usually use my iPhone!
Old 28 Jun 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
We just bought a Sony ZV-1 after looking at online reviews and YouTube videos. Haven’t fully tested it yet but the one thing I would say immediately is that it’s so much heavier than I expected especially when you use the Bluetooth grip. Got to do a bit of working out to get used to it!

If it’s going to be used by a child, I’d say the GoPro might be best as it’s much more rugged.

However, I’m no expert and usually use my iPhone!
I think he's expecting me to vlog and him be the star of the show, I'll be honest 😂

Old 29 Jun 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

G7X mk2 is a great vlogging camera. We used that before getting the Sony ZV-1 this year. GoPro is good for ride footage or pool use but I don't care for them as general vlogging cameras.

I use three or four batteries a day and about 250gb of storage over a fortnight. But we try to record an hour of material a day. It's easier to do that than it might sound tbh!

If you want to just capture some memories, a phone is a good starting point also. Although o imagine storage would become an issue

Edited at 08:06 AM.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Tim tracker did a good camera comparison vlog about 2 years ago, it was with cameras mentioned above but was gopro 8 as 9 not released then. It’s a good guide from someone who knows a thing or two about a theme park vlog
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jamie99 View Post
Tim tracker did a good camera comparison vlog about 2 years ago, it was with cameras mentioned above but was gopro 8 as 9 not released then. It’s a good guide from someone who knows a thing or two about a theme park vlog
Cameras are forever evolving though. Tracker uses a Sony A7iii mirrorless for a lot of his now- much better quality but serious kit for your average person on here, and large for Vlogging.
Some people like myself like very good quality, (I use a Panasonic G9 for video but don’t Vlog as such) whereas average Disney Vlogger puts up some very poor quality footage (as in poor pictures quality on poor equipment) and isn’t so interested, it’s more about getting it down cheaply and simply.

Edited at 12:25 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List