Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Jul 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

We're booked 2022! How far in advance to reserve park days?

We're booked for May 2022! 14 days at Coronado Springs. First time with the kids so very excited.

How far in advance would you get park reservations sorted?
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefuldad
Excited about Disney

We're going april/may and we reserved ours as soon as we got our tickets back in May. There is plenty of availability and if we can we may change nearer the time but better to have them now just in case
Short answer, I'd do them now lol
Hopefuldad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve tried to reserve mine but could not link I phoned and they said a four/five day delay with being able to link
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Booked our days shortly after booking our 2 week trip. Wanted to have something in place that we can tweak at a later date.
Obviously not sure what Covid will do over the next year or if we will actually get into the US, but no harm in planning... 🤞🤞🤞
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

I did expect to read that lol. I just find it hard to work out what parks would be best on each day this far in advance. How accurate of crowd predictions online this far out? Especially with the current situation.

Another q... We arrive around 5pm so imagine we will just eat and sleep that day. Would you hit a park on that first morning? I just wonder if we will all have more energy at the start of the hols.
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You don't need to book until a week or two in advance at the moment. The only thing that may change that is when the Fastpass system comes back. If it's bookable 60 days in advance as before, you'll want to have your days booked before that. And possibly if they announce any special events or attractions opening during your dates, e.g. I'd expect the Tron opening day to book out at MK pretty quickly after it's announced. I don't think this would be by May though.

I have my 2022 park days reserved simply because I could. I like how it looks in MDE. But there's definitely no need to.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefuldad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JayTheDisneyDad View Post
I did expect to read that lol. I just find it hard to work out what parks would be best on each day this far in advance. How accurate of crowd predictions online this far out? Especially with the current situation.

Another q... We arrive around 5pm so imagine we will just eat and sleep that day. Would you hit a park on that first morning? I just wonder if we will all have more energy at the start of the hols.
Honestly I wouldnt pay any attention to any crowd predictions at the moment as it would depend so much on what restrictions are in place at the time. The only ones likely to be accurate are avoid Hollywood studios on May 4th (star wars day) and any other events/holidays that are 'set in stone' iykwim.
We've booked a park on our first morning, Magic kingdom if memory serves, then we can go if we feel up to it but if not we can cancel.
Hopefuldad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JayTheDisneyDad View Post

Crowd calendars were mostly based on extra magic hours, which no longer exist. So they won't be accurate for the "new normal" next year. However there are some tips that still apply no matter when you're going, e.g. parks are busier at weekends so use this for your rest time or non-park sightseeing if you can. Epcot in particular will be busy on weekends if there's a festival on, which there will be (Flower & Garden) in May.

And yes, I would book a park on your first full day. You'll most likely to be up early and raring to go, so it's perfect for hitting a park first thing before the bulk of the crowds arrive mid-morning.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We have booked for May 2022 too! I managed to link my tickets last night and i plan to reserve parks over the weekend.

Our plane lands at 3.10pm and we plan to get the hire car and check in, that should be done by approx. 5/6pm. We do plan on heading to a park though after check in, mainly to get our sons DAS pass so we don't have to go to guest services in the morning on our first full day and wait in a bigger queue but while there we will have a little walk around and maybe get on a ride or 2 if the queue isn't too long or if we don't have a long wait.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are traveling next July and have our parks booked but totally not set in stone. I know we will want to go to 4 different parks on the first 4 days and after that, have randomly picked parks to fill out the days which will be changed numerous times I’m sure 😁
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List