Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jul 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Hope so, booked Kos for whit half term 2022. Thought a better option than Orlando.
We go to Kos May half term too, hope it’s warm enough, it was lovely when we went that time a few years ago although pools were a tad cold!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Am I being unrealistic to still hope for the end of September this year 😏
Old 30 Jul 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefuldad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
We had booked for April a few months ago but I’m doubtful we will get there. I have booked Disneyland paris as a back up. Fully refundable. I have a holiday to portaventura in august 2022 moved from this august.
Are paris still doing their refundable trips or has that ended now?
Hopefuldad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I really hope so, we would love to go next year after cancelling this and last year.

I am a wee bit concerned that although we are moving forward as a country with vaccinations and opening up etc. we don’t seem any further forward with travel to the US than we were this time last year and that concerns me a bit.

We are due to book our flights in the next few weeks but I’m a bit hesitant to tie my cash up in flights that might not go, especially given the hassle I had trying to get our refund for our cancelled flights this year.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefuldad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Am I being unrealistic to still hope for the end of September this year 😏
Things can change in a week with Covid, nothing wrong with keeping some hope alive as long as you prepare yourself to possibly be disappointed too. Like my wife always says, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. FX for you though.
Hopefuldad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Hopefuldad View Post
Things can change in a week with Covid, nothing wrong with keeping some hope alive as long as you prepare yourself to possibly be disappointed too. Like my wife always says, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. FX for you though.
Definitely, we are used to cancellations , this is our 4th attempt since Covid having had three cancelled.
All my life even as a child I always used to think of the worst then it wasn’t as bad if it turned out differently.
Old 30 Jul 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hopefuldad View Post
Are paris still doing their refundable trips or has that ended now?
Still refundable.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Grumpy7
Excited about Disney

If disney 2022 doesn't happen then as far as I am concerned there is no longer any point working, this is what I save for... might as well not bother pushing myself
Grumpy7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I hope so! I really hope so!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

I really, really hope so.

We are planned for October 2022 as a large group which was rescheduled from October 2021.

I need to get back to my happy place