Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 21, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Innocenti
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
This was mentioned a few weeks ago on here and it was pointed out that they always had this in Paris and it used to actually cost more?
Never seen it in Paris Disney ... 2018/2019 last time we were there.

When Alton Towers done it I said Id never go back, and I haven't.
Old 5 Aug 21, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Innocenti
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
...unfortunately a lot will pay!
Slowing down 'normal queues' ... disgraceful, price of tickets is bad enough + parking etc ... pure greed.
Old 5 Aug 21, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Innocenti View Post
Never seen it in Paris Disney ... 2018/2019 last time we were there.

When Alton Towers done it I said Id never go back, and I haven't.
Paris has had it for several years but I think the only people who bought it were Americans or others who were doing their one and only trip, or going at really busy times. If you were there for several days you could probably manage without it except at Christmas etc.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
This is nothing new and they are still offereing the option of standby or a standby return option.
Paying extra to go on rides has been around for a long time, even at disney. How many people pay for early access or a VIP tour so they can ride the newest rides. Or pay a premium to stay of site to get first pick of Fast passes over those who stay off site.
Other parks including most Merlin parks operate this system and it drives revenue for them, so disney are only following suite.
Personally I will not be paying extra and if I find not doing so impact my visit I will be making a complaint and encourage everyone to do the same.
you will only be able to have one stand by pass at a time and it can't be cancelled so you are limited if it is for a few hours time.
Plus if that ride is activated you cannot join the regular line
Old 5 Aug 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
you will only be able to have one stand by pass at a time and it can't be cancelled so you are limited if it is for a few hours time.
Plus if that ride is activated you cannot join the regular line
That's a concern for sure, but let's see how it works in practice. They're sure to iron out issues like this and modify anything that would lead to a mob of angry guests.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

nail in the coffin for us. DLP was already a park and a half. Premium fast passes was a dip toe in the water and now they are removing free FP options entirely. At peak times FP was the only way to avoid massive queues, being limited to one ride return means that once the queues are closed you are stuffed, the only option is to pay. And when are peak times? School holidays.

We will simply look elsewhere now.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
figment05
Very Serious Dibber

Like to know what this means "Plus if that ride is activated you cannot join the regular line " as I don't see how they can check who is in the standby line unless they are checking everything single ticket as you join the standby line. Or are they starting to make you scan your ticket at every ride.
figment05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Goodness me. At those prices, it would almost make sense to hire a guide for a VIP tour for a family for a day. Do they still even do that? I seem to remember it was $500 prob double that now.
Old 5 Aug 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

regular line will be shut whilst the standby line is activated. There must be a crossover point of course when the regular line is opened and some standby tickets will have their return time.

remember that the standby line isnt to come back and go via fastpass, its yo come back and queue normally.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I just saw a video about the Standby pass. First of all, fears of getting a return time hours later are unfounded. There are regular time slots throughout the day where more standby reservations are released. So for instance, it's 10:30am and you want to ride BTM. Only return times in the next couple hours are offered. If there are all taken by the time you look, then there are 3 more opportunities to get a return time for each ride. And once you are in the physical standby queue, you only wait 5 to 10 minutes, as they are only about 250 people in the queue. And while some people will pay for Premier Access, compared to the number of people using free Fastpass they will be a very small minority.

Basically the standby pass is a mix of a (free!) version of Maxpass at Disneyland Anaheim, and a virtual queue. I'm all for it.

Why aren't we talking more about this, instead of the ludicrous cost of Premier Access? Maybe 5% of guests will pay for this, the rest of us will enjoy shorter waiting time than before... for free!

Edited at 12:11 AM.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List