Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 5 Aug 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Trains seem to be a nightmare at the moment! Timetable out of Euston on a weekend is restricted all through summer holidays. DD was due to get a train home from London a few weeks ago and at the last minute her train was cancelled. Luckily for her the next train( which was sold out online ) was direct and quicker than one she had booked and although she has to argue a little with the guy on the station who said no trains had been cancelled she was able to get on it.
I went to visit her and lots of seats that had reserved on were actually free as I guess so many groups had been allocated random seats but found seats closer together.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I called in at the train station today and explained I'd rang the Trainline call centre about the seats being so far apart and that I hadn't got much sense out of the overseas call centre.
I'd booked the tickets just after the 19th July but because I'd selected a preference for a window seat that had been prioritised over us sitting together.
The guy at the station agreed it was silly it didn't warn that we'd be seated apart. He very kindly booked us two seats together outbound and return. Our original tickets are still valid but we have two seats each both ways now, the original ones will just stay vacant. He said it's not a busy train either way so not a problem.
It was very good of him to sort it out.
Nice one Judy, another reason why I advise booking with the train company direct, it's oft easier, and faster, to have issues resolved. When TPE refunded our fare last May their email made mention that tikets booked via a 3rd party would need to be refunded by same.

Have a good trip
Old 9 Aug 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I am hoping next weeks schedule is better than this weeks. This week instead of having 3 trains per hour from Liv they have 1. That is not the time slot I have booked seats on so really hoping they change to a different time next week.
Old 9 Aug 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do find contacting the train companies via direct messaging on Twitter the quickest way to get issues resolved. I sorted out seat reservations yesterday that way with Avanti and they were really helpful in confirming trains etc
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Just to say we got the train we booked fine, it was not smooth sailing though as a couple got on at another station and told me I was sitting in their seats and wanted 2 of us to move. Very awkward, I had to prove I had also booked the seats. I dont do conflict of any kind so it did make it awkward as one of them still felt that I should have moved. Obv I didnt as my kids where sat around table and they where our reserved seats.

On another note oddly our tickets where not checked once on the train.
Old 21 Aug 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Just to say we got the train we booked fine, it was not smooth sailing though as a couple got on at another station and told me I was sitting in their seats and wanted 2 of us to move. Very awkward, I had to prove I had also booked the seats. I dont do conflict of any kind so it did make it awkward as one of them still felt that I should have moved. Obv I didnt as my kids where sat around table and they where our reserved seats.

On another note oddly our tickets where not checked once on the train.
We had similar issues going to Edinburgh all very awkward!
I wanted to go to London bank hol weekend but trains were not showing as running over the weekend so I haven’t bothered! Anyway in your neck of the woods Monday going to watch a show in the empire (it’s been so long since I’ve seen a show)